Green Pans Vs Copper

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by H.C. Heartland • Sep 22, 2016.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    The past few years stores like CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aide were advertising the As Seen on TV Green Fry pans. My in-laws have been using them for years and say it really has cut down on far intake. But now these stores are selling all copper pans. Has anyone had success with this?

2. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I am kind of curious as to what the green pans are. I am assuming that they are more environmentally friendly, and this is good if that is the case. I am not really sure what that means for the functionality though, but I would not think it would be much of a difference. Only one way to find out though.

3. GreenPersimmon

GreenPersimmonMember

Threads:
    Copper is a great conductor but it's kind of a pain to keep clean. Are you looking for a non-stick pan or just want to reduce your fat intake? If you have a pure stainless steel pan, not one with the teflon non-stick, you can season it with crisco but you can use vegetable oil. You basically wipe it on the pan and cook it until the oil seals the pores of the metal. You can look for tutorials on Youtube for how to season you pots in pans in depth. Don't use olive oil because it has a flavor and a low smoking point.

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I suppose green pans have the aspect of saving on energy costs as well as being able to clean them easily. I come come across adverts on non stick pans but their adoption has been low in my country probably due to their higher cost. Copper pans don't rust and are longlasting as well as being good transmitters of heat saving on fuel. I also learnt somewhere that nutrients like copper or iron are incorporated into the food depending on the material you are using and these are beneficial to health.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only seen commercials for the copper pans and have not bought them. We use stainless steel pots and cast iron frying pans. One cast iron frying pan we got from the Salvation Army and it was so cheap. This Salvation Army cast iron pan only needed to be seasoned is all, so it seemed brand new. We love it. We have a small family so no fancy cooking necessary, but the cooper pans looks very good for roasting easily. Stopped by to see what posts say about cooper pans. We like our stainless steel and cast iron pots and pans.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen the advertisements for the copper pans, but I think that it is not just a copper pan, it has some sort of non-stick coating and is copper colored. There are pans that you can buy that are stainless steel and have a copper bottom, and thos do conduct heat better; but they are not non-stick pans like the ones they advertise now.
    I have some stainless steel pans and also a set of cast iron frying pans. Even though they are not non-stick, they are much safer to use (healthwise) than any kind of teflon pan, and if you soak them in hot water immediately, then they will clean out with no problem.

7. ursellb

ursellbNew Member

Threads:
    I have some non stick green pans and
    I love those because they don't have any
    chemicals in them and the clean up is
    great and you don't have to use oils and fat
    So you lose weight. I don't know about
    the copper pans. The ones I seen advertised are non stick and aren't
    copper pans. They are copper coded.
    Also no chemicals like the green
    pans.

8. Piveku

PivekuNew Member

Threads:
    Only one way to find out though. I think

9. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I really like the suggestion and this will be really an amazing thing for having such a good time ahead.