Green tea for great skin

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by maddie • Nov 8, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    The price of cosmetics and the chemicals added to these make me want go back to nature. Everyone knows the benefits of drinking green tea and I wont go into that. When you are done with drinking your tea add the tea bags to your bath water and soak in it for as long as you want and you will have a tighter skin. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants called polyphenol, it also contains tannin and these help tighten your skin and improve blood circulation.
    These antioxidants protect the skin against cell-damaging free radicals. They are also said to protect against sun spots, lines, and even skin cancer.
    Drink your tea and beautify your body.
    Or soak the used tea bags in a bucket of warm water for about ten minutes and use it as a final rinse for your hair, this will give your hair bounce and shine.
    Another use for green tea residue is use it as a manure for your plants.

2. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    I love drinking green tea all the time cold and hot but it never crossed my mind to take a bath in it, if it does all that you said it does it's worth giving it a try. thanks for the post.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of taking a bath in green tea, but I'm told that holding used green tea bags over your eyes will get rid of sleepy bags.

4. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I drink green tea every day. I was told it's even better in the morning than coffee. I must say that after drinking green tea for 6 months I feel much better and more energetic than before. I have never took baths in green tea or used it for my plants, though.

5. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I read an article a few months ago about someone using the green tea bag on their face morning and night and in a couple of weeks they had gotten wonderful results. She said one day she noticed her husband staring at her and then he asked why she was wearing makeup to bed. She stated that she used the green tea that has honey and other natural things added to it. I've tried the green tea and honey on my face a few times, but was never consistent enough to notice any changes in my skin.

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! I wouldn't mind getting that kind of results too. I don't use it so regularly. May twice a week or so.. now I am going to try morning and evening for a couple of weeks . Lets see how it goes. I actually keep forgetting to do that it only when I look into the mirror that I am reminded of doing this stuff. One needs to have a routine... I guess to see amazing results.

7. Gwen85

Gwen85New Member

Threads:
    Green tea is my favourite tea.
    I drink it very morning, it's the perfect start to a stressfull day.
    I also treid the gree-tea-bag-over-eyes-thing but i never could see any changes haha :D
    Taking a bath in green tea? Never heard of it :D

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Gwen believe me, I am putting green tea bags on my eyes for the last few days and the dark circles around my eyes are on their way out. The skin around my eyes looks much more younger. Try it, after all the used tea leaves are something that you are going to throw away.. and it costs you nothing.

9. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I too have never heard of taking a bath in green tea. I'll have to give that tea bag trick a try for the both and face. I know green tea has great antioxidant and helps prevent free radicals internally so I think there's got to be benefits externally.

10. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    At first I couldn't stand the taste of any type of tea. I started added honey to my warm tea and I could finally manage to drink warm tea when I was sick. I still can't stand the taste of cold tea though. I know tea is really good for you so I try to drink warm tea not just when I am sick, but more often. Thanks for the tips on using tea bags as a helpful beauty tip for your skin. I am going to have to try this soon when I bathe.

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm definitely going to have to try this... but I'm like you; I don't remember to put certain things into my routine until I look in the mirror and think "I should do something about those bags under my eyes," haha.

12. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Sheesh.. I did this for a while and everyone remarked on how well I look and again I seem to have forgotten to follow this routine, I have gotten busy again... Thanks for posting and making me look up this thread... I need to do this again.
    I have noted that placing the tea bags in the freezer and using this was making the circles and the puffiness disappear.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love drinking green tea for the health benefits. I didn't know about it's other benefits. Taking a bath in green tea seems a bit different to say the least. I don't have a problem with wrinkles. If they start appearing, I'm going to remember this thread.

14. Eldwin

EldwinNew Member

Threads:
    Hi Maddie,
    Great read and like to say green tea is not only good for skin but also for hair and nails so we must add drink tea in our daily intake. Green tea boost our metaboism and helps in losing and maintaing body weight. Green tea boost our immunity and reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer, influenza, tooth decay and rheumatoid arthritis.

15. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    This is a great idea! I wonder how long it will take to notice results. I have a few boxes of green tea in my kitchen.

16. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    luvmario, it doesn't take too long, it only takes about a week of regular treatment to show up on your face. My face seemed brighter and much younger looking within a week.

Now I have devised a new way of doing this.. I have used a blender to powder some green tea and oatmeal into a fine dust. I mix this with warm water and leave this for a few minutes before applying it on my face. This face pack works even better. Since my skin is dry I sometimes add a few drops of coconut cream/oil to it and leave it for about 15 minutes.
    Presto.. I have a nicer looking skin now.. I haven't seen such quick results with any product so far.. i am so glad to have found this. :D

17. Justyn Mendoza

Justyn MendozaNew Member

Threads:
    I do love green tea. But I've also heard that tea can dry out your skin if you drink too much of it. This doesn't include green tea however. I hardly drink it now days because of it's natural metabolism boosting qualities. I have a naturally high metabolism so I'm eating almost all the time. If I don't I get sever headaches and feel tired all the time. But when I first started drinking green tea it seemed to give my a naturally good "high on life" feel. Like I was invincible. Not to say I felt like Superman. Just the feeling like nothing could get me down and there wasn't anything I couldn't accomplish. I recommend it to anyone who want to lose wait or just wants an extra boost of energy to work out or do more things during the day before getting tired.

18. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I wonder if one can get the same effect with black tea or if it has to be green...?

19. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I really would not know if black tea worked the same way. I know green tea helps make the skin look a lot younger and supple. I have never tried black tea.

20. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    This is great information. I have green tea right now in one of my kitchen cabinets. That tea has been in there for months.
    I'm such a coffee drinker, that I always forget to drink tea. I have several boxes of different teas, and they just sit there not being used. It doesn't help that I keep my coffee and my tea in totally different cabinets on opposite sides of my kitchen.

I have heard good things about green tea, that is why I bought it. This thread is reminding me to use it.