Green tea for great skin

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by maddie • Nov 8, 2012.

1. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Black tea is a lot cheaper. In my neighborhood, you can get a box of one hundred bags for about two dollars, whereas you can only get twenty bags of green tea for the same price. But then if it's that much more useful, it's probably worth the price.

2. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    If you are a green tea drinker this may not be an issue.. Green tea is expensive.. you pay a price for good stuff don't you? As for me I drink a lot of green tea and I just save the bags for my cosmetic use.. when I am done with it I cut open the bags and put the leaves into my compost. Nothing is really wasted.

3. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I think that you can put the bag itself into compost without cutting it open and pouring out the tea.
    All this talk of tea makes me want to make a cup right now:D

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Drinking green tea will help any person overall. It has many antioxidants and will make your hair shinier as well as make you have better skin and the pros about this tea are endless. I would suggest drinking a cup everyday because you will see an improvement in your health in the very first week!

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know how I missed this comment before, haha!

I'm not a huge fan of using colloidal oatmeal bc I always end up making a mess with it, but I'm tempted to try the green tea and coconut oil without the oatmeal to see how it works out.

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Let me know how this works on your skin.. I am always interested to see how natural stuff works.. I hate having to spend so much money on creams , lotions and serums :)

7. Donald p

Donald pNew Member

Threads:
    Hey Maddie!:rolleyes: Is it???? Great ya.. I would like to apply it.. Which green tea brand you are using for that, Please tel me i will buy that only.

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Donald, it doesn't matter which brand.. I actually use some tea that my friend sends me from here estate each month. it is not branded. But it is organically grown.

9. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    Green tea contains high levels of substances called catechin polyphenols, known to possess strong antioxidant, anticarcinogenic, antitumorigenic, and even antibiotic properties. Green tea has been investigated for its positive effect on aging skin.

I recommend you to go for products that not only have Green tea, but also other powerful anti-oxidants. It has been proved that several anti-oxidants, when they work in tandem, produce much better results. Also, vitamin E is a powerful anti-oxidant, that is used in skin preparations.

10. LayneJackson

LayneJacksonNew Member

Threads:
    green tea not only gives glowing skin but also is helpful in reducing weight

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Partially because of this thread I got back into drinking green tea again, and I can definitely see the difference. I have much more of a glow in my face. Of course, I started eating healthier around the same time (I had let myself go for a few months there... sorry) so that might have contributed as well. :)

12. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I drink green tea all the time for the health benefits they give. I'd never take a bath with them, though. Drinking it is good enough for me. Buddhist monks drink copious amounts of green tea, along with exercise and deep breathing to reap the full benefits of it.

13. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    That is great.. both are excellent for your body and skin and yes the combination always works well. I am happy for you... even if this thread served as a reminder for one it has done its job :)

14. MardenI

MardenINew Member

Threads:
    Green tea for your skin.
    I drink green tea, but didn't know it is good for your skin too.

15. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Green tea is really of high benefits and vast value. No matter drink it or use it as mask, just keep doing it. It does work.

16. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I have made a nice face pack with green tea and use it twice a week. I use oat meal, used green tea cut open from the bags and dried.. a bit of milk powder and made a fine powder in my blender. I add a few drops of warm milk to this mixture and make a paste to apply on my face.. I wash it off when it is dry.. Leaves my face looking brighter and fresher.. my skin has been looking much younger than it has been in a long time. I hope this helps someone here.. it is not only cheap but also natural and a wonderful anti- aging mask.

17. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Maddie, if I were more organized I could try something like this. I used to try to use face masks and do different things, but after a while I just stopped bothering with all that. I guess I got busy and I was less concerned with "beauty" treatments over time. I guess if I still wore makeup it would be more of an issue, but I'm not putting my skin through those kinds of changes and I already don't look my age so I don't worry about anything you put directly on your skin.

18. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with you: I only do direct beauty treatments when I remember to, which is not often. I wish I could be organized enough to do something like this twice a week instead of once or twice a month. Like you I don't wear any makeup and I'm young enough to get away with not taking care of my skin, but in ten or fifteen years I'll probably wish I had been more meticulous in my youth.

19. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I obsessively drink green tea! It really does help my skin clear up. I also have a really good moisturizer that has green tea as an ingredient. I have also made a DIY toner with apple cider vinegar and green tea.

20. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I also use an apple cider vinegar, green tea toner for my face. It is too early to say anything about its effectiveness.. but I am sure it is better than all the store bought toners. I love green tea ... and what it does for you .. though the taste is not much to rave about.