Groceries cost

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Annabell • Jun 29, 2014.

1. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Just thought it might be interesting to see how much different people spend on their weekly grocery shopping, and how many people are in the household that the groceries are being bought for. I mean, if it's too personal you don't have to answer, but I just thought it'd be quite interesting to see how much different people spend, especially to compare how much different households of the same size pay.

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    There are 3 of us in my household right now. Me, my husband, and my baby girl. We do our grocery shopping once a week and since my girl is already taking solid food, our cost went a little higher than it used to be. We eat a lot of vegetables, rice, and less meat so we spend around 60-70 per week, sometimes less, and sometimes more if there are days where we can only be bothered to prepare food for our baby and get take away for ourselves.

3. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Spending a moderated amount of Money on something is how its necessary to be at the same time moving in to the correct direction i mean because we do have a fine way of moving ahead and getting an appropriate outcome from it is how its needed so yeah mate i am sure through the help of a certain growth we can get to learn a lot.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I won't quote any figures but if you are good at crunching numbers you can try to make a calculation. I live alone, on a farm. I don't buy eggs, milk, vegetables and some fruits. When I feel like it I can use one of the egg-providers as a source of meat so sometimes, I don't buy meat either. How much do you think I spend on groceries a week?

Not as much as those who have to get all their groceries at a store.

5. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I buy groceries for just myself, and I spend about $40 a week. That has seemed to be the average the last few times I've gone to the grocery store.

6. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    It is just my husband and I, and we spend about 75.00 a week. I want to eat more veggies and less meat, but I think it would cost more to eat this way. I also want to buy a juicer, but again am worried about the cost. I need to post a thread to ask how many juicers are here, so I can find out how much it costs to do this!

7. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    While there's four of us in our house, we each buy our own groceries. Since I'm a broke student I'm quite frugal and cheap when I go shopping, so something like a £60 can last me an entire month if I make it work

8. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I would generally spend $30-40 in a week for myself on groceries. If I am off camping or at the cabin for a week or two, that number will almost double as I will tend to barbeque meat for dinners every night. Every so often, I do need to stock up on items and will spend a much larger amount on my groceries. On average, it probably adds another $10-15 weekly to the total.

The weeks that I spend more on groceries are the weeks that I eat out less often. In the end, spending more on groceries saves me money and allows me to eat healthier.

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    There are currently two people in my household, myself and my fiancee. We tend to spend about $150/week every ten days on groceries (not including wine etc), generally only deviating by about $20. I would like to cut it down a little more but we tend to eat organic meat and produce so that increases the cost a lot.

10. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    There is 3 kids and 2 adults in my household. We spend ever bit $250 weekly just on groceries. I'm starting back my extreme Couponing so these numbers will go back down to about $50 weekly. Fresh fruits, veggies and meats are where the most money is spent. Growing a garden was out this year so its been a hectic one. We do get free eggs as my father in law brings us 2-3 dozen every time he comes over.

11. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I like this question. If not for the fact that I can compare what I'm spending, than for the fact that I have to analyze what I spend a little. I believe, usually, I spend about 60-70 American dollars for two people. Although in typing that I realize I feed a lot more than just myself and my mate with this food. So, it gets tough to really analyze that aspect.