Groceries taking competitor coupons

Discussion in Coupons started by jleadbet • Sep 5, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    One of the grocery chains by me, Giant Eagle, just started taking competitor coupons. There are quite a few stipulations on what they'll take. I haven't read through all them yet. I'm excited to try it out. Does anyone have a grocery near them already doing something like this?

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    In the UK, the big supermarkets such as Asda and Tesco have been doing this for some years. For example, if Sainsburys put a coupon in the press offering £5 off a £50 shop, Asda or Tesco would put up a sign saying 'Use your Sainsburys coupons here.' I suppose they reckon that if they can get you to spend £50 so you can use your coupon, the extra sales are worth it, and the goodwill factor may bring you back again.

3. andrew1110

andrew1110New Member

Threads:
    Oh wow! I wish that the supermarkets where I live took competitor coupons! There is this chain that owns two separate grocery stores. One is called Pavilions and the other is called Vons. In my neighborhood, there is literally a Pavilions on one block, and a Vons on the next block down. They face each other. I always thought that was ironic since they aren't even competitors. But, have fun with using the competitor coupons! Stock that fridge! :)