Grocery and Household Shopping Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by dsmom • May 3, 2012.

1. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I buy a lot of the non perishables through Soap.com. They have great prices, free delivery and it's usually next day or two day service. I tried it first and then started doing it for my mother. It works out much better for her because FedEx actually delivers in her area and it saves her from lugging all that up stairs. Eventually, we'll get regular groceries for her through another service that has proved themselves to be quite reliable.

2. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I have never shopped online and had it delivered, but our Shoprite has a shop from home offer. It does cost a small fee so I have not used it, but you pick out all you want and an employee will do the shopping for you. They bag it up and you can pay for it when you pick it up (you probably can pay online too, but not sure.) There are a couple seniors that I know that use this service and have somebody pick it up for them. It can be convenient for somebody who is not able to get around easily!

3. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    There are some things that I purchase from Amazon, grocery wise, like snacks. I like Amazon because you can find it in bulk. I do not pay for a Sam's Club membership, so I can get my bulk stuff on Amazon.

4. anna_bella

anna_bellaNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite site is Well.ca They have everything from appliances to food to cosmetics and vitamins. They're expanding rapidly too and constantly getting new products. Sales go on weekly either by brand or department and they have a daily deal that features a new product everyday for a significantly lower price. Recently, they've been giving out free samples with every order over $30.

They have free shipping to Canada and they deliver orders within the week. They are one of my go to places to get the essentials.

5. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    I used to order groceries from Ralphs fairly often when I worked a lot and didn't want to waste time at the grocery store. It was convenient but definitely more expensive. If you have a Ralph's you can order from Ralphs.com

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walmart.com has many grocery and beauty items available online with free shipping over $45. So if you were going to buy a bathrobe or computer mouse anyway and you need some coffee and cold medicine you can just order everything from the same site.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since we live in an area where we are surrounded by all kinds of stores, we don't need to shop online anymore, we just walk to the store and we buy what we want, and that's done in 10 to 30 minutes. We have never considered grocery shopping online, and I don't know if the stores in our country already offer that service.

8. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I've never liked the idea of buying groceries online. I think that maybe we'll get sent the stuff that other shoppers don't want, although I don't suppose they would do that, as they'd soon lose custom. I like to select my own food, and check out the deals instore. Often, when I'm looking at different stuff, I get ideas for meals. I don't see that happening with online shopping.

I have bought wines and spirits online from

, because they do some great case deals, especially around Christmas and Easter. I've also bought some household stuff from them when they've had a free delivery option.