Grocery Shopping Apps

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Lisa Davis • May 27, 2016.

1. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone use a grocery shopping app to try to help them create and organizing their grocery shopping? I have heard about dozens of different ones, but I am really only interested in one that is completely free, as my budget is pretty slim. Any suggestions or does no one find these sorts of apps helpful?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use them but I think the Kroger app is pretty good. I have one that is called Retale that shows you flyers from all of the local supermarket. Most people use the after shopping apps like Ibotta, Checkout 51 and others. Those are some of the best apps for shopping I think. They can give you some good benefits for downloading the app and belonging to the program.

3. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Ibotta is a great app!! I just started using it, and already I have $20 in my account. I'm sure I'll use it every time I shop. They have savings on things like milk, bread, eggs, bananas, avocados,... (all any brand). Then they have nice rebates on packaged foods too. They offer bonuses. They have agreat refer a friend plan. They pay very fast. I'm very impressed!! I think I might can pay for my cell phone bill with this app! Good luck, I hope you give it a try!

4. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Hah, I don't use them at all. It's a little bit too much for me. Even though I tried them a couple of times. To me, it's easier to just go to the store and grab some stuff. There's no difference in terms of price, either.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, it depends on the cards you have...Safeway has a very good site that's all free with special discounts like the one that you have getting $3 for spending $20 digital coupon. All you need is your Safeway card to open a free acct. at Safeway.com. Another good one is Walgreens.com. With your free card you can open an online acct., view your balance rewards-I just got $5 rewards off on my cash receipt type of special digital coupons only at site! (Worth it to have.) CVS.com with card both you get for free worth it for CVS has coupons you can get in-store at their machines, special online offers as well as special discounts with card and acct. so good to have like a 40% off an item of store brand-they got nuts like walnuts and pecans to buy so good for our health-so worth it! Just a few that's national-living in Hawaii where COLA is high I love all the discounts we can get, lol!

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I have a few grocery shopping apps on my phone. Here they are:
    • Flipp. Aside from making or creating your list in here, you can also aggregate coupons from stores. It also tells you when the coupons are about to expire. If you tap each item from your list, it can also show you some coupons near your location.
    • Free Shopping List Ease. This app lets you create two lists, one for the items in your cabinet and the other for what you need to buy from the grocery. You can scan the items you bought into the app as well. There's also a coupons list in this app.
    • Grocery IQ. It has the same features, listing grocery items, coupons and scanning items. An added feature would be adding in your loyalty card to the app and add the coupons directly to it, so there's no need to print them anymore.
    I hope this helps!

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I really want Ibotta, but my phone doesn't support it. I am wondering if I can use their site online, I will check into it. I haven't tried any apps to actually help you make lists and stuff..but I imagine there are some great ones out there. Savings Star has an app, and that might be one to try, but there are probably better ones out there.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I don't really mind downloading such an app, I do think it's quite redundant because I already have a built-in Memo app in my Samsung phone. Moreover, this Memo app gives you the option to list items with matching check boxes and it makes for an alternative grocery shopping app. In fact, I list down just about anything that needs listing through this simple but functional app.

9. lisasian86

lisasian86Member

Threads:
    Are there any UK versions of these apps? I'd like to give it a go, I'm always trying to save money on my groceries.

10. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I do not currently use an app, but I seriously need to, or at least consider it, because I always forget something every time that I go to the store. Thank you to @Briannagodess@Briannagodess for the list, and I have to say the second one sounds like it would be right up my alley. I can take a little inventory and also make a shopping list, which would be really helpful. I will certainly be looking more into these and hopefully getting this part of life finally figured out.