Groupon, worth it or not?

Discussion in Coupons started by guardianofhope • Sep 6, 2012.

1. guardianofhope

guardianofhopeNew Member

Threads:
    Has anyone here ever found anything useful on Groupon? All I ever seem to find are expensive products made marginally less so. Are there better sites out there to chose from?

Is it worth it even to look for these kinds of sites, in your opinion?

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    In my personal experience, I didn't find good deals on Groupon. Of course there are a variety of services and discounts, but they are very specific things that are not part of everyday life. Anyway, I think if you live in a big city, you can get more out of the range of offerings. Location is an important factor, since in small towns Groupon services may not be as popular. For that reason, you have to experience. Beyond my opinion, the comments of my friends about Groupon were always positive. It's a good service. :D

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have used them quite a bit in the past and love them!

I don't use them for products, though. I use them for half priced dining out or tours, etc. You get big discounts on food and can try out new places that you wouldn't go to otherwise.

4. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I've used Living Social much more than Groupon. I 'd have to agree with you that their offers aren't that great. I like Living Social deals and they have more variety too. I've also newly discovered TravelZoo from a friend. They both offer deep discounts on everything from Travel, to food at restaurants to different activities and services.

5. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I use the restaurant and pizza deals. I can't say I've ever bought anything else. I did try to buy a Pilates kit from Groupon Goods, but after a month it still hadn't shipped and groupon had no tracking information on it. I canceled the order. They refunded it without any trouble but I don't think I'll use them again.

6. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    I recently started getting Groupon emails that I hadn't requested and haven't seen much to interest me. I suppose it depends on what you are interested in and what area you live in.

The offers for my area are limited and they don't offer much of a saving. Also, they add an awful lot of restrictions to the offers which limits them even further.

I had also noticed that some of their offers look over priced to begin with and I am not sure if the price has been inflated in some cases, and that you might not be getting quite the bargain that you might think.

If it was something that you were going to do anyway, and you can get a discount off, then I imagine it would work out OK for a customer under those circumstances.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've had pretty decent experiences with Groupon, but much better with Living Social. I live in New York, so opportunities abound, and there are enough deals that every so often I find one that really interests me AND that I can afford.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen tours on Living Social and Groupon that interest me. A vineyard tour for two including food for $50 was a good offer. I think alot has to due with location. I live between two major east coast cities so there is always something good to do or see.