Groupon

Discussion in Online Shopping started by rezonate • Feb 3, 2016.

1. rezonate

rezonateNew Member

Threads:
    I find that Groupon has quite an extensive amount of great deals from basically everything you can think of. They even have vacation deals that are out of this world, my family and I are planning a trip to Vegas soon and they have some great package deals that are super affordable from hotels that are $35/night or a little more I mean you can't beat that. They also have the goods section where you can find great deals on things like clothing all the way to electronics.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The good thing about Groupon is that there is usually a discount code to use somewhere or you can use a link like Ebates or InBoxDollars and still get a percentage back on what you purchase. I always check Groupon first to compare prices, but you should always double check the small print.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    My family uses Groupon all the time and has never had a problem with obtaining what they have ordered. In fact, I have not yet heard a complaint although I am sure there is one out there. I didn't know that you could also apply other offers like Ebates which Theo mentioned. That makes it a really cool option. I think Groupon is not just a coupon online shopping database, but its more like an events calander. You see what is going on in your local area and then can price compare to see what would be more fun and also more economical for you to do. I hope whoever thought of it is rich, they deserve to be, it was a great idea!

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    i have seen some great deals through Groupon. I admit I haven't used any of them, because I am cash poor, however, I think that they do offer some spectacular coupons for individuals. it is just one of the ways to save money. if you can use it with Ebates that is even better. I think it is one of the ways to save money on your purchases.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Groupon is great if you know how to look for the good offers. Sometimes something can sound too good to be true, and it usually is. Not to mention sometimes I don't really need to buy it but you do it because it's on a really good sale. Also, I find that many people buy a Groupon coupon and and I've not even using it.
    For me, I used to buy lots of it, but not many were worth it. Now I only do it if it's something I really need and the price is good, and I know it's going to be a good offer.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    The great advantage of buying through the groupon is for sure the great discounts that are offered. But I think in the end, such a low value (that you can't get always), end up not being as satisfying as we initially imagine.

Everything is very full of rules, restrictions and everything has to be a very big tune between customer and owner (who often forgets promotions) so that there are no problems in the reservations.

I used to buy a lot, but I got tired and today I don't buy it anymore.

7. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard that, and it put me off from signing up for Groupon. I have been on the site to look at it before, but I never ended up joining. I could probably find something worth doing if I took the time to do some research and read all the fine print, but time is my most precious resource these days. I am still interested though, as I find the concept to be very good. I may have to try to squeeze it in.

@isabbbela@isabbbela I also know people who buy offers and then never end up using them. I can't afford to do that, so I'll have to be very careful to only choose things that I know for sure I'll use.

Thanks for the info, all.

8. Groupon

GrouponNew Member

Threads:
    You can get great Deals through Groupon. Actually they have a promotion now that new users get $20 Off their First Purchase. Promo Link:

#8Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I still have not really taken full advantage of this site and program yet, and this is even though I have seen plenty of people get some good savings. It is mostly restaurants though and I just do not eat out that much.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Groupon has good deals. I am not sure I have purchased them, but I always view them with interest. Anything that allows me to save money, I am defintely in favor of. This would describe Groupon for sure.