Grown men wearing skinny jeans

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by TuRon Davis • Sep 11, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally, it's really fine. It's fashion and it's becoming a trend these days. Maybe it's the time now that we put off fine lines between what's feminine and what's masculine. I think now is the time that we stop gender discrimination and that we strive for gender equality. And it really those jeans really fit well to guys. Wearing them doesn't make them less manly.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really see why a clothing style itself needs to be seen as "feminine" per se, or why it's a problem for a man to BE what one might conventionally call feminine anyway. The thing to me is that it seems like it would be rather uncomfortable for most men, but if that's not the case, more power to them.

3. MomFirst

MomFirstNew Member

Threads:
    As a woman, I absolutely love skinny jeans. People are entitled to what they want to wear. You never know, maybe they can't afford new pants and the new trend offsets that expense. Either way, I have a son and I just do not see myself ever purchasing him anything tight or fitting, unless it is his undergarments. It seems as though the fad will live on with adult men (men over 21) wearing them. I must admit, depending on the physique of some guys (when the jeans are not hugging tightly) they just look like jeans that fit versus hanging off of their britches.

Has anyone seen guys sag in these skinny jeans?

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of it. I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of skinny jeans. It's just not my thing. I prefer casual boot cut jeans. But if a man wants to wear skinny jeans, that's fine in my book. I'm not going to judge them for having different style preferences than me.

5. randomdude

randomdudeMember

Threads:
    Skinny jeans are the most ridiculous style of clothing I have ever seen. Im 35 and I can remember some pretty weird looking styles and fads but these skinny jeans take the cake. Men do not need to purchase anything that looks like they are for women. I do not have a problem with the gay community what so ever but to be honest if I saw another guy with skinny jeans on the first thought that would come to my mind would be, "he must be gay".

6. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    Some men wear skinny jeans very well. Others however.... Yeah, it's not pretty. It's especially inappropriate when male 'parts' are visible through the fabric. That's a very big sign that those pants are TOO tight! Then again, certain men have the right body type to pull off the style. It all depends on the person, I suppose.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are guys, particularly the slim and lithe ones, who look good in skinny jeans. I know a lot of punk-loving teenagers and 20-somethings who sport skinny jeans because it goes well with their preferred imaged. That's fine. However, men in their late 30s above should try to dress their age more and skinny jeans in my opinion should be discouraged. Basically, everyone's free to wear what they want. The question is: are you brave enough to face society's perception of you?

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think people should wear whatever they feel good in and wear it proud because apparently there are a lot of people out there, of all ages sadly, judging the crap out of them for it. They're just clothes. Just a pair of pants and suddenly your manhood and character is in question? Another good reason I don't like trends.. herd mentality. You stand out in anyway and something is wrong with you. Think I'll go buy my husband some skinny jeans now lol. ug

9. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I see men wearing skinny jeans and sometimes it looks good. But to some, it is horrible. I think it just depends. I have nothing against them. At the end of the day if wearing skinny jeans makes them happy then go for it. You can't please everybody. As long as you are not hurting others with your outfits, may it be skinny jeans or not. Then so be it.

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hey people, guess what? it's the 21st century! This means that people can wear what the hell they like without being judged on thier sexuality. Like sexuality has any bearing on what a person is like anyway! If we have to keep judging people then can we please start basing it on the things they say or do rather than how tight their pants are?

11. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Skinny jeans are better left for slim teenagers in my opinion. I find them uncomfortable and weird looking. If any grown man likes wearing them it's their choice, but I'm not a big fan of them.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My thoughts are that it's the perception, not the person wearing the jeans, that needs to change. I'm down with everyone wearing whatever the heck makes them feel good.

13. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I dislike skinny jeans in general. I don't really see them as flattering on anyone - men or women. There are many people who wear them, where you can tell they clearly had a struggle to get into them. It makes me uncomfortable just looking at someone who you can tell is clearly uncomfortable as well.

But for a guy in his 30's or 40's wearing them is especially silly too. I mean, I recall in the 80's, the standard pair of blue jeans fit pretty snug too, but "skinny jeans" take this even further, and taper the bottom of the leg to the point where it makes guys look like they have petite chicken legs.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't think we need to go back to the days of bell bottom jeans, or those atrocious JNCO jeans from the early 2000's that looked like ridiculous denim man skirts either.

As for gay men in skinny jeans, I'm gay myself and can assure you I wouldn't go anywhere near those. If anything, it's really just a subset of gay guys. Not all of us are into the boy-ish, underage, emaciated "heroin chic" look, lol.