Guys, help, I need to slim down and decrease both my muscle and fat mass!!!

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by 003 • Jan 14, 2015.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you got any ideas how I would be able to slim down my body? It's not all fat, but most are muscle mass. They have grown so big, oops not so big that you might be expecting, but just a way above my standards. And I hate them. I think if I wouldn't take necessary measure now, I'd continue to just get bulkier and bulkier. I am an athlete, and I'm scared that if I reduce my food intake, my performance would be severely affected.

2. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    If you're wanting to focus on weight loss, while still working out and having a fit figure, I'd recommend the "Insanity" fitness program. It's a lot of cardio and plyometrics, which will be great for you if you are an athlete. It's quite a tough program though so you really have to get stuck in. Alternatively, if you don't want to do the whole program you can simply do some of their workouts on a regular basis (which is what I did over the summer and it gave pretty decent results). They also offer healthy meal recipes so you can also use those if you are worried about what to eat.

3. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    Usually when people want to lose weight, they shouldn't drastically lose muscle. Sometimes people lose muscle while losing weight, but not so much.

The truth is, the more muscle you have, the more fat and calories you burn. The more calories you burn, the lesser chance of rebounding again in the future. Why would you want to lose muscle and increase your chance of getting fat again eventually? But I guess you don't like looking bulky, so I understand your point. But you should be proud that you have a high muscle mass, because that gives you a faster chance of burning fat. In my opinion, try to lose only a little bit muscle. If you lose muscle, you'll regret it in the future. Your skin will be lose and your fat will look saggy and hang. Muscle is what holds your skin tight, so be sure to that you lose your excess fat.

You know what they say, the stronger you are, the better you feel.

4. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    You are in a unique position of wanting to lose muscle along with fat. Normally, people only want to lose the fat and most programs are structured to preserve as much muscle mass as possible during 'cutting'. In order to lose weight, your net calories must be negative. This can be accomplished by eating less or exercising more, but remember doing both with a strong focus on diet is much more effective at dropping weight. The exercise you should be doing is cardio to help increase energy expenditure. To lose muscle as well, drop the resistance training and weight lifting, as this is what helps the most in preserving muscle mass. Try manipulating your diet as well - more protein helps to preserve muscle, so maybe try slightly lower. If you eat sufficient carbohydrates, it will provide your body with its favored energy source and may help with the performance aspect.

5. krazyman

krazymanMember

Threads:
    I agree with the previous poster - cut back on the weight training - moderately exercise to keep your heart in good working health. Keep your body properly hydrated - water plays a a huge role in weight loss - shoot for 80 - 100 oz per day.
    Diet restructuring - stick with protein and moderate your carb intake.

All the best to you.

6. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    You might be a big bone girl and that body type tend to pack on muscle mass easily, the best way to slim down for your body type is to focus more on aerobic type exercises that pushes your endurance, You need to get tired, another good idea is to cut down on your carbs and protein diet, if you can afford it, invest in an ellipse exercise machine It burns calories like crazy.