Gym Memberships

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by reubhole1 • Feb 26, 2015.

1. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    There are plenty of alternatives for physical activity that don't include spending a lot of money on memberships or stuff like that. Just by doing a some bodyweight exercises like pushups or pullups or burpees it's a great way to do eighter cardio or trenght training. Also, you can run as much as you want without anyone asking for your money. But, on the other hand, signing for a gym membership will give you the confirmation that you will stay on track, because you don't want to waste your money. Also, gym is a great enviroment where you can make new friends and it's a great way to relax.

2. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't need gym membership to maintain weight. I just run a couple of miles at the park 4 to 5 times a week and I'm okay. However, If I need to lose weight or target problem areas of my body (like after having a baby) then I go to a gym and sign up for a certain program. I know I can do it at home but I just don't have the discipline (and patience ^_^) when it comes to weights/repetitions/sets, etc. I need a gym instructor for that. :D

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A lot of people don't believe in gym memberships because they're so expensive. However, the importance of quality exercise equipment and machines can't be overstated. Good luck trying to acquire all of that equipment without spending a fortune. Some people are content with the basics, but others are going to need those extra machines.

4. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    gym memberships are definitely more social and it is nice to go there but I do like to sweat and pull faces on my own.

5. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    Gym membership is a good thing but only if you actually use it. That where the problem comes in for many people, they join a gym and they go a few times, which is a waste if money. Before you decide to join any gym be sure you truly want to go to a gym and the reasons why.

6. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I like having a gym membership. I lift weights and don't have the space at home to get all the basic equipment I would need for a strength training program. I was a member of a corporate nationwide gym which was ridiculously expensive. I recently switched to a local community center which is much cheaper and offers very similar services and equipment.

7. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    Shopping around is definitely the key when it comes to gym memberships as subscriptions can vary wildly. Using a gym is certainly more effective than exercising at home. You will work harder in a gym environment and the work out is likely to last longer as you will probably train for a specified time to have made the trip there worthwhile if nothing else.

The gym offers more in the way of equipment than you would have at home, unless you are extremely wealthy, so you will be able to give your body a more extensive work out. You can also get professional advice on your fitness routine and on things such as diet and nutrition.

Gyms are big business and definitely beneficial to both your mental and physical health, they are somewhat expensive but the health benefits make them a worthwhile investment.