H&M

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by jleadbet • Oct 14, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I just shopped here for the first time. The prices on most items seemed pretty reasonable. The Fabric felt like it might wear out pretty quickly, but I suppose that's how they keep the prices low. Anyone been shopping here for awhile? Are you happy with the clothes?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I love H&M!

I don't have one locally, but I shop at them whenever I'm near one. You're right that the fabric isn't always the greatest, but if you look around, there's still some quality clothes there. I've never had any issues with the stuff I've bought there wearing out too soon or anything.

3. AndroidGirl89

AndroidGirl89New Member

Threads:
    I find this interesting- from the ads I have always assumed that H&M was a high-end expensive store that I could not afford. Now I am intrigued! Guess I"ll be doing some online looking around!

4. jooomes

jooomesNew Member

Threads:
    H&M is a lot of hit and miss. Personally speaking, I love the store. I have 3 pairs of pants from there and they're all pretty great. I love their button down shirts, and for $15 a piece you can get quite a few for not very much money. Some items, ie. t-shirts, underwear, are usually not recommended and people say that they aren't very high quality and end up shrinking or being ruined pretty quickly. Hopefully I was able to help.

5. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    In terms of clothing, I would much rather spend more money on better quality. The thing with H&M is that it is very similar to stores like Forever21. It is trendy and not very expensive. You can get lucky and find something that's more of a classic style - and don't get me wrong, not everything is low-cost. But, the quality of it is pretty bad. If you take care of your clothing, H&M isn't terrible - but most of the clothing (in my opinion) are ill-fitting, end up shrinking, or falling apart. I would shop closely, looking at the quality of the clothing and the material it's made out of if you intend on buying from there.

6. retnam

retnamMember

Threads:
    I tend to wear a lot of seasonal stuff. I'm not going to wear anything for 5 years, so to me it lasts as long as I need it to. The prices are good and they carry a lot of basics. The denim and skinnies are great. They do have some high-end, designer stuff but that really depends on where you live and it's all limited edition and usually sold out within a few hours.

7. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I like H&M. They remind me of a Forever 21 type of store. Their prices are low but their clothing is usually worn for a more limited time. I like to buy my nicer classic pieces from other stores and use Forever 21 and H&M as fill in stores or a just for fun type of shopping trip. I haven't had any bad experiences and I find a lot that I like there. However, I find even if they do last, I don't wear them as long as other clothing that I buy.

8. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    H&M is a great brand which provides high quality and fashionable clothes. I often shop there and to be honest, I'm really satisfied with the clothes H&M offers. Things I bought there years ago are still in good shape and look fine.

9. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    My H and M stuff rarely lasts too long. I mean it seems to be better quality than say Walmart, but not much more. I buy my tank tops from H and M and they usually last me about 6 months of pretty serious wear. I guess I would have expected them to last longer... Oh well. For 10$ or less, the tank tops are worth it.

I have a few H and M dresses and stuff from their business line and that stuff seems to last a lot longer! But the price is a lot more too.

Overall, it's a decent store.

10. dhrynio

dhrynioMember

Threads:
    I really like H&M and often buy my clothes there. I would suggest trying things on, even the same shirt in a different color or the same item after some time. I had an issue with jeans and loved one model. A year later I went to get a replacement pair and am glad I tried them on first. The fit of them was completely different. The material was also a whole other demin. They looked horrid. A year later I went back and tried the same model on again, it was back to the old cut and material so I bought them again.

I do love a lot of their sweaters and buy a lot of basic pieces there too!

11. hosewalker

hosewalkerMember

Threads:
    I do enjoy H&M and I have shopped there quite recently. The fabric on clothes in H&M does wear out eventually and the colors kind of wear away eventually also. The shop is still if you want to buy some basic pieces though. I would thoroughly recommend H&M especially if there's a sale on in your area.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never shopped at H&M but my grandson has and really loves the store. I think he gets mostly t-shirts from the store when he is looking for something.

13. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    We don’t have one where I live, but I enjoyed H&M when I did go to one, and thanks to some friends I’ve managed to gather quite a few items from there. And I’ve found that the older stuff has tended to hold up better than the things from more recent collections. I try to take really good care of my clothes, so for the most part my stuff lasts pretty long anyway. Haven’t had anything fall apart on me (yet!). But I can definitely see where it would be hit or miss.

14. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I shop here quite a lot and I do have to say that I love their clothing. One of the main reasons being that you can get the clothing so cheap. I mean I'm not one to spend $25 on a shirt, which I know I won't spend here. I mean for the most part the clothing I have gotten there have lasted a long time. I have a plain white shirt that I got from there and wear it all the time. It's good material and I know it will last a long time.

15. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I think the clothing at H&M is reasonably priced but the quality is very poor. I only get a few wears out of their clothing and I NEVER put it in the dyer.

I think the style is fashionable and they offer a lot of trendy options for a low price, however, I feel like I can get similarly priced clothing at TJMAXX that is much better quality.

I do like their selection of costume jewelry. I think it is very fashionable and some of the lowest prices. I am not concerned with it tarnishing because I feel like after a while all costumer jewelry tarnishes.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw an H&M store over here, and the tops and jeans cost around $25, which is quite expensive in my book. Maybe because it's imported that's why the prices are quite expensive. So until now I haven't shopped there yet.