Had any really awesome deals lately?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Jessi • May 4, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:

How about we share some of our incredible buys lately? Whether you bought something online using a coupon code you found here or doubled up on sales and clearance items from the grocery store or your favorite clothing outlet. What have you been buying that really made your frugal side celebrate?

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I use wet wipes a lot for all sorts of reasons. They're great for taking off make up, or for a quick freshen up when you need one. Living in Spain, that happens a lot. They're also handy when we're camping, and water isn't always freely available.

I like the big wipes that are meant for babies, such as Huggies, Pampers and Johnson & Johnson. With small wipes, you tend to use 2 or 3, whereas one good quality baby wipe will do all you want it to do. They're quite expensive in Spain, so I stock up when I go to the UK. I can get a pack of 56 wipes for £1 ($1.61). Our local supermarket has Huggies wipes, in packs of 64, for 1 Euro (£0.81. $1.31). Not only are they cheaper, there are more wipes in the pack. I've filled my bathroom cupboard with them, so I have enough to last for at least a year.

3. Jessi

Threads:
    I love baby wipes. I keep the small packs in my purse and tubs in various places (including our vehicles). They're just too good to not have on hand.

I've seen people who make their own by cutting and soaking paper towels. It seems easy enough and I guess it'd save a little money, but I'm not really sure it's worth the time and effort when you can catch really good deals on the real thing.

4. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    From what I can see you've got some great deals there, Jessi - what are you planning to do with all that veg and salad?

5. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I actually got 4 lbs. of bananas for $1 the other day. I thought it was a great deal, so I bought a lot of bananas. I also saw some watermelons on sale for $.10 per lb. I didn't get any, though.

6. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    I got some cheap gift cards lately, one of which I saw posted here, including a $10 Amazon gift card for $5 and a $15 iTunes for $5.

7. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad to see I was not the only one that got a $5 Amazon gift card for $10! I then used that gift card to contribute toward my purchase of Mass Effect 3 for only $30! Mass Effect 3 is usually $40-$60 but they had it for $30 so I basically got it for $25 if you put my gift card into the equation. I also get $2 of music free from an Amazon gift code as well. I guess Amazon is just the place to get deals for me!

8. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I got my daughter a pair of Nike sandals for under $5 at sportsauthority.com. I was so happy, I can't even get her sandals at Walmart for that cheap.

9. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I could have had one on a Brita filter, which I noticed was marked clearance in someone's cart as I checked out yesterday. I commented how I'd wished I'd seen them because I needed a new one for my pitcher, but she said she got the last off the shelf. Darn it. I hate when I miss a good deal!

10. Jessi

Threads:
    We did a few salad nights with the actual bagged salad.

For the mushrooms, I did a few different things:

Cream of mushroom soup, portobello sandwiches, and stuffed mushroom caps.

The slaw mixes, I turned into egg rolls and tossed them in the freezer.

11. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    I'm surprised by the fact that no awesome deals like that have EVER happened around where I live. At least, none that I've noticed... but I'm pretty sure if I could get four pounds of bananas for a dollar, I'd be one of the first people to know...