Had My First Bad Costco Experience Today.

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Nikole • Feb 26, 2015.

1. Nikole

NikoleMember

Threads:
    Boy does this hurt to write. I love Costco! But, today I went in specifically to order a large pizza. I was told it would be a 15 minute wait. After 30 minutes of trying to keep my kids quiet while waiting, I took my receipt up to ask how much longer the wait would be. They had given my pizza away to another customer without even checking his receipt for the correct order number! They then offered me the pizza that should have gone to the other guy. The lady even said "I bet so-and-so rang you up, right?" As if she knew who would make this mistake and it had been made before. No apologies, nothing. Since I've never had any bad experiences with Costco before, I am just going to chalk this up to everyone having an off day. The pizza was delicious, though :)

2. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Wow that's pretty annoying, I've had a similar experience in a local store and it was just a one off so I wouldn't worry about it or pay much attention.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    McDonald's once handed my order off to another customer, but they had to make my meal again because I ordered a $7 combo meal and he ordered a $1 McChicken. I'll be the McChicken guy was pretty happy about his free large fries and bacon club burger.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I had an experience kind of the same at the Costco food court, except they just forgot to put my pizza in the oven and I had to wait 20 minutes for it. The annoying part about that situation is that I had called in my pizza order so that I could just grab it and go on my way home from work. I ended up having to walk around Costco on a very busy night just waiting for my pizza to get done. I sure love that place and did not hold it against them.

5. Nikole

NikoleMember

Threads:
    Yep, I probably would have been less angry if I hadn't had the kids all by myself and had a bazillion errands to run. This was just the icing on the cake of a really crappy day, so I took it harder than I usually would have. It definitely will not stop me from going to Costco, but I will be much more attentive to who is getting pizzas and hovering that pickup counter until I get mine, haha.

6. bombshell

bombshellMember

Threads:
    That stinks! I love Costco and have yet to have a bad experience. I understand how hard it is to keep restless kids in order while you have to wait for an extended period of time. I think that pizza should have been refunded to you for the inconvenience. That would have been more fair than an "oh well".

7. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have kids but I would have gone off if this happened to me because from what I understand Costco employees make decent money. This is to say that turnover should be low, compared to the average fast food place where the pace is so frenetic that mistakes like yours are to be expected.

My ex loved Costco pizza but convenience was the only thing I liked about it. However, in the time it took to navigate through parking at an L.A. Costco, it's less trouble to make one at home. I think you need to report this to management and hopefully they will offer some type of compensation for your trouble.

8. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    No matter how bad my experience at Costco is, I can never stay mad at them. Partially because they offer free samples. But really, it was probably just a problem in the kitchen. And I agree. The pizza is ridiculously good for the price.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Honestly, something like this could happen anywhere - I don't necessarily think it reflects on Costco as a whole or their employees as a whole. The employee(s) responsible for the mistake might have gotten pulled aside to address some other issue, and forgot when they got back to their station or accidentally skipped an order out of a stack of them they were working on. Either that or maybe one employee mistakenly told another employee that the pizza was for the wrong ticket, and they just grabbed it without double checking.

Some pizza places will even sell you prepped, but not cooked, pizza's that you can grab and just throw in the oven when you get home. I would have maybe asked if they could do that instead, just sell me the prepped pizza, perhaps at a discount, and I would be on my way and just bake it at home.