Hair braids

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by maddie • Mar 3, 2013.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I have always like braids. It does look like braids never went out of style . Here are some pictures that make braids look so beautiful. Would you wear braids like these for an evening out or maybe even to work? Do you think braids are coming back in a big way?

[​IMG]
    braid-bun-bang.
    heart-braid.
    I definitely would try a braid one of these days.

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I often wear braids in the evening. It's a good look, and also practical, because once it's styled, it stays put. You just have to be careful you don't go for a too youthful look and spoil the effect. There's a lot you can do with braids, but choose a style appropriate to your age and character. And spray some shine spray on the braid as well - you'll be amazed at the difference it will make.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    You're right, it will never go out of style. Women have been wearing their hair in braids since the days of the bible. I used to wear my hair in braids all the time like this:

[​IMG]

but not anymore.

4. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I definitely went through my braids wearing phase a couple years ago. I used to get the small braids all over. I kind of grew out of it but i don't mind getting them again.

5. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Hair braids is just one of those things that are so on trend that they will never ever go out of style. They look on every single girl with (enough hair of course) and they can add to any outfit that they wear.
    I personally love braids and now there are so many different kinds such as the fishtail braid which is very in style. I cannot get enough of them.
    I also love making a braid headband out of my hair when it is really hot outside. It is so effortless and turns out looking very elegant!

6. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Braids have never been out of fashion. Many women and girls in many different cultures wear them. I will be braiding mine again as soon as I wash it. Sometimes I put my hair in two plaits and sometimes I have it in several skinny braids. It's long so I don't add artificial hair; braids are a convenient way for me to deal with my hair since I don't chemically treat it.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I love the heart shape braid I would love to be able to do my hair like that

8. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I do like wearing braids especially when I want my out-of-control hair to stay away from my face. I really like the pictures above of creative ways to style one's hair with simple braids. As someone mentioned before, choose the ones that are age appropriate. I don't think I'd want to be caught in public looking like Pippi Longstocking. So, I go for the classic French braid, and I've been trying to master the fishtail braid I've learned from tutorials I've watched on YouTube. I don't think they'll ever go out of style.

9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    You're lucky. I have incredibly short hair, so I always used to use extensions, and that's pretty much why I don't do it anymore. It's not long enough to braid, and I'm just not doing the fake hair thing anymore.

10. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Those braids are lovely. I wish I could rock a braid all day. I just don't have the face for it. I need my layers to frame my face or I feel like everyone is just staring at my huge forehead or huge nose. I do like wearing side braids when I have second day hair. So easy!

11. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I love it too. Yesterday I did my my niece's hair in similar braid and she looked so cute. She wanted me to color her hair as well so we got some food color and did up her hair. It was so much fun. I am going to look for more braids. I always do mine like a hairband on hot days.. and a side one when I feel like it.. I love braids, al least most kinds.

Beautiful-French-Braid-Hairstyle-for-Long-Hair.

#11Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  12. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Braids will never be out of style, i think. You can change braid style in different occasions. In a word, i love it.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that braids will never go out of style. They are timeless. I went a period of braids. It's just an easy hairstyle to maintain. No fuss, no muss. I will be getting braids again when the summer rolls around. Plus, it's also a great way to hide my premature gray hair. lol

14. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I don't like to wear my braids down--I like them in a up do style. Now, that you have posted pictures of different ways that one could wear braids, I think I will try one of those styles. They appear to be elegant and classy; I'm all for trying anything that is classy. I don't think that braids will ever go out of style. Braids are convenient and can be a quick hairstyle, depends on the size of the braids.

This is how is usually wear my braids:

Attached Files:

#14Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  15. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I like the versatility of braids. I usually section my hair when I wash it and put s number of plaits in each section. A few times I wore it this way out of the house and so many people said they liked it I decided to keep it as a hairstyle. Sometimes I pull the braids back on each side or into one braid "ponytail," and when I have individuals I wear them many different kinds of ways.

One of my braid looks:
    283296_1857494801868_2273781_n.

16. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    You do look nice with braids. :) I have been wearing braids for the last three days, trying out different styles. I have been getting headaches since then. I didn't braid my hair tight or anything .. but I guess I haven't done this in a long time.. so I am trying to get used to this again. This summer I will need to get my hair out of my way.

17. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I used to wear braids most of the time when I was a kid. It's my mum or my aunt who usually did it. But now, I can't as I don't know how to do it by myself (I just don't have the talent to style my hair myself and I always ask others to do it). Anyway, braids would always be in style.

18. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Braids just need a little practice.. I like them as they can really change the way you look and you can make it flatter your face.
    [​IMG]

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never really liked braids, but I like seeing them on someone else, especially if it's nicely done like the pics above. It's like the ponytail where it will never be out of style.

20. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    This braid will never go out of style in my opinion. This looks perfect on long hair such as this woman's.
    I love how they can get all those hairs out of your face and create an effortless headband. It looks so perfect. I wish that I could achieve this look one day.
    I think that it would look great on any colored hair and would look even better if the person has highlights.