Hair Removal

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by kana_marie • Mar 20, 2015.

1. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I really hate shaving my legs A long time ago I bought an at home electrolysis machine. It ended up being a very expensive joke! After that experience I've been skeptical about any of the other hair removal products I see on tv. Are there any out there as good as the commercials claim they are?

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I had an answer for you. Like you I have been looking into these hair removal devices. Two in particular No No and Yes, both of which have been advertised heavily on TV. But upon doing research online about both of these I have to wonder if they are worth the money we pay out for them. Neither one has good reviews on Amazon. If I had to judge between the two the Yes fairs up somewhat better. It has around 3 and half stars which is a bit better then No No which only had two stars. Not too god when you stop to think that the No No cost almost three times as much. Like you I would be curious to know if anyone here has actually used either of these and can give us their opinion of the item. Other wise I guess I will have to stick to the old standard razor, may not be the most fun option but at least its an economical one

3. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    After my home electrolysis fiasco using the razor is definitely preferable than spending good money on a bad product. I have faith that one of these days someone will come out with the answer to our leg shaving woes. We should cross our fingers it's sooner rather than later!

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate shaving my legs too. I get razor burn and my legs itch like mad after a day or so. I was given one of those home laser systems but didn't get very far with it. Only about 10 of every 20 hairs you remove stay gone and I now have patchy legs as a result. I believe the salon treatments are a lot more effective but they cost far too much.

5. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    No kidding! The professionals really do like to gouge you on that sort of thing. A friend of mine was paying 125$ a session for professional electrolysis. Each session would be be one hour. Do you realize how few hairs you can successfully remove in an hour? No where near a 125$ worth.

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    The No No definitely doesn't work. Good thing that was cheap. Haha.

I don't hate shaving my legs as much as I hate shaving my armpits. I don't actually have a lot of hair, but it is really thick and I frequently get razor burn in there. I started waxing my own armpits about two years ago. It was the worst the first couple times, for pain, but now my hair grows in much thinner and I can do it once every 3 weeks and it is nothing. Doesn't even take much time. Doesn't hurt anymore at all. No ingrown hairs...

At first I used the Veet wax strips. Then when those ran out I used the Sally Hansen microwave wax and I prefer it now. It doesn't stick to your skin at all so it just gets the hair without ripping at your skin (which hurts). It also gets ALL the hair in one try. So that's all I use now. One jar is between $5 and $10 (you can get it on sale at CVS and there are usually coupons inside the box) and it lasts me 4-5 waxes... so that's pretty good savings compared to getting them done at a salon.

7. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    That's interesting about the No No. I naturally assumed they were padding the statistics in their infomercials but there was a part of me deep down that wanted to believe them. I cannot imagine why some company has not come up with a easy & (more importantly) efficient way to get rid of unwanted hair.

8. Determined2014

Determined2014New Member

Threads:
    That is why I just stick to the common regular ones, because most devices are just a waste of money, I continue to use Nair, as much as it stinks or is messy, it works out for me because waxing is too painful for me.

9. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I have never waxed and never will. I've heard too many people talk about the pain. I used nair once, over a decade ago. It gave me a rash more painful than razor burn. Don't get me wrong, I fully accept the posibility that that may have been my fault, but I haven't tried it again so that I could find out.

10. westmixxin

westmixxinMember

Threads:
    That's crazy because most of the razors on as seen on TV don't necessarily work well at all I've tried a lot of them and the only thing they do is disappoint you. They pretty much work the same way other razors work except they're cheaper and less reliable. As seen on TV has been selling portable razors for a long period of time.

11. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I really like the be Venus. Unfortunately, the refills are pretty expensive. I buy the packs of triple bladed razors. I only get one uncomfortable use out of them, but 10 for 2$ is worth it. I would rather spend money now and not have to worry about needing to for a long time... Especially if it saves me the trouble of shaving

12. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't believe in as seen on TV items cause I have been very disappointed and wasted lots of money. I recently invested in this as seen on tv hair remover and when I tell you it worked for 2 weeks and that was it . It slowed down and was not cutting like it started along with other items that I have used from tv.

13. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes it seems like they should have a "disappointment" gaurantee. I've tried a few things, but nothing any better than a regular razor. From the tips I've gotten on this post I'll probably be sticking with the typical razor for a long time to come. I can't think of the name of it right now, but I just may have to invest in the blades for the razor that has the shaving cream/soap attached to it. Being able to shave out of the shower is extremely appealing to me!!

14. Christina Rivers

Christina RiversNew Member

Threads:
    Shaving with a regular razor has its down falls yes, but like they say if somethings not broke don't try to fix it! Instead of trying to replace the razor, just help the razor. Are you having itching problems after shaving, dry skin, red bumps?? Rub your legs down with coconut oil after each shave. Your legs will look and feel great! - Coconut Oil eat it, wear it, swear by it! Cold pressed and natural is the best to use.

15. RaineyDay477

RaineyDay477New Member

Threads:
    I actually find that the more often I shave, the less irritated my legs get. I shave every other day and make sure to apply lotion after every shower. Honestly, since I started doing this, my skin on my legs has never looked better and since I'm shaving so often, it doesn't take much time.

16. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried many hair removal products and have spent a lot of money but nothing ever seems to work for any length of time, if it even works at all. They know there is a market for this stuff so they just keep coming up with products and people keep wasting their money on them. I just use a razor and shave every few days and don't have a problem with it. Since I shave often there isn't a whole lot a growth and then I just apply lotion and I am good to go. I am done wasting my money on hair removal products that just don't work.