Hairstyles

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Decentlady • Nov 21, 2016.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am a fan of trying out new hairstyles however, my hair is so silky that it is practically impossible for the hairdo to stay put after few minutes without a hair spray. I do not like to use anything on my hair and so I avoid sprays.

I keep trying new hairstyles on others just to please myself! I find Diy a cheaper way to look fresh than visiting a saloon for a hairdo.

Are you into hair styling?

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have avoided the issue of hair styles due to my biblical lifestyle. If only men could go for a short hair cut and women simply cover their hair, even the cost implication is duly erased. There are quite some people who spend a fortune to don a certain hair style and this can only translate into savings if it lasts long.

3. kokimboka

kokimbokaMember

Threads:
    I din't know silky hair was hard to style, in fact av always admired people with long silky hair,it looks sleek. Well, I have black,natural,kinky African hair, trust me you are better off with the silky hair. Combing my hair is a problem, I prefer getting my hair braided then I do different styles.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't really tried styling my hair since I became a mom I find it easier to wear my hair in a bun to keep my hair out of the way. Perhaps when my daughter gets older and I have more time I will give them a try like I used to. I had only gone to the salon once in my life just to get a hair cut but didn't like it so my mom cut it all the time after and I styled it.

5. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I have the kind of hair (and face) that only look good one way. Whenever I try a new hairstyle, it just never matches my face right. I always need some kind of bangs, even if I wear them long and off to the side or curly and hanging right down my face. I am NOT the kind of gal that can take all of my hair and pull it back. It's as if I need my hair to frame my face (and cover some of it, esp. my forehead) in order to look decent. So no, I don't really try out new hairstyles too much <anymore>. I just know what looks good on me, and I stick to it. Really, it's because I guess I don't have any other choice....but that's okay. :rolleyes::)

6. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    If you don't like to use a spray, I suggest you try aloe vera gel. It's good for your hair, has a pleasant scent and it has a strong hold. A 1-liter bottle of the gel usually goes for less than two dollars around my area. I strongly suggest using it. It can also be used to relieve skin burns and moisturize your skin as well.
    [​IMG]

7. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    So would you put this on while your hair is still wet after washing it? Or would you wait until it's dry and/or after styling? I use this TRESemme mousse while my hair is still wet...and it really helps with adding volume, even before I curl it/style it. But I always eventually end up using hairspray afterwards, only because the weather here can be quite damp (whether it's warm or cold) and my hair will flop otherwise. It has trouble holding a curl on the damp/rainy days especially...

tresemme.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    You can use it on wet or dry hair. I usually wet my hair before applying the gel and it lasts me all day. I even feel that my hair is stronger and softer after washing it off. The gel I use is very strong and can even hold my hair in rain. It might become a bit droopy but when it dries, my hair hardens again. It's cheap so anyone can try it out. I like using mousse but it causes white flakes to form sometimes while the gel is transparent. Those flakes aren't dandruff either.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    As a man I have a very interesting hairstyle. I keep my hair short or crew-cut to be precise. That saves me from lot of trouble. I can easily stay away from dandruff during winters and he best thing is they look tidy even during my hectic traveling schedule without taking any special care of them.

10. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    When I was in teens I used to try various things on my hair, from cream to spray, gel and hair color. In fact I sported long hair in my teen and once in a while I curled my hair or straightened out. However, I don't do any styling these days.

11. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    Having freedom now, I'm trying to grow my hair out before focusing on styling it. This is an annoying process in my life because it has been years since I've had this amount of hair on my head. I don't intend to style it extravagantly but a little wouldn't be bad. I like puffs so I'm a pretty simple person.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I studied cosmetology in college then switched to an AA degree. While I was studying cosmetology we learned that there are certain things to make you look fabulous. One is know your face shape. Certain face shapes looks nice with certain hair cuts. Each person has different kind of hair too. Some people like myself have baby fine hair that won't hold any kind of styles so work with your hair. I have a size of face that doesn't look good with too short hair cuts like Hailey Bailey's famous short hair. I did cut it one summer that short and looked awful! So I have medium hair length, styled with an easy to care for shag cut which works so good with baby fine hair that won't hold fancy styles anyway. Working with your hair, face shape & size and maintenance of your hair style is what to look for. My Aunt has natural curls and her stylist makes her hair style to accentuate her face shape while using her natural curls to make a beautiful style so natural looking like she had a perm.

Some people have so gorgeous natural curly hair, they don't need a perm ever. I love curls and have straight and fine hair that won't hold a perm for long. Well when I took my cosmetology classes you learn to see these things and give a fab cut! Small faces tend to look wonderful with very short hair while bigger faces look good with longer style. One last thing to remember when you are choosing your hair style is are you a high maintenance or low maintenance person. Do you like to curl your hair getting it just right placing every strand in place always, you're high maintenance. Or if you are like me wake up comb or brush your hair and you're done, you're low maintenance. Some styles will require high maintenance or low maintenance to have. Your hair style should make you happy most of all.

13. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I love styling my hair and I normally don't stick with one hairstyle for a year. Like I can get my hair permanently curled or rebonded year after year that's why my hair now is damaged. I can say that I feel bad because of what happened since I used to have a silky shiny hair, just like yours and now half of my hair is damaged because of what I have done in the past few years. That's why I've been looking for an alternative way to repair my hair without going to the salon since it's too expensive.