Half Price Books

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Diane Lane • Oct 27, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Does anyone else shop at

? I've been shopping there for years, but I had no idea they were in other states, as well. I don't think they're outside of the U.S., but it wouldn't surprise me if they expanded in that direction in the future.

I also didn't realize that it was possible to shop online with them. I have sold books and DVD boxed sets to them in the past, but they don't pay all that much. It might be good to sell to them if you're just looking to clean out the bookcase and make a little towards purchases, but don't expect to make much. They have a good selection, and I always find something interesting while I'm there.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd love to shop there but unfortunately, they don't operate in Asia (where I'm currently based). Here though, you can find several thrift shops and small-scale bookstores that sell second-hand books (some presentable, some a bit dusty). When I still had the time, I often visited such shops and bought as many books as I could. Perhaps HPB would think of putting up branches across Asia. The competition may be stiff but I'm sure they'd be able to penetrate the local markets.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Looks like a great store and I will look out for it when I am next in California. I don't think I would be going to any of the other states. There are more of these places and sites, but I have had to cut down on my book purchases due to space and storage. It is good to check it out as an alternative to Amazon when you are looking for something in particular.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of that store, but it seems like one I would be interested in. I just have so many books though that I do not know what to do with the ones I have now. I try to resist temptation to buy books now, and get them at the library. I also like getting kindle books, that was the last one I bought, which I paid wayyy too much for by the way!

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It looks like an interesting store, but I never heard of it before. We don't have it in Botswana or the UK. I went on the website, but they seem to sell only actual physical book and no eBooks. I too like Ke Gordon like eBooks. I've taken to buying them over actual books, ever since I bought my Kindle Fire. I can't even remember the last time I bought a book. I find eBooks convenient as I can get them as and when I want them, and they're ever so cheap LOL Thanks for sharing, though :)