Halloween On November 1st?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by ohiotom76 • Nov 1, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    So our township this year is holding Trick Or Treating on November 1st, supposedly because they were holding Homecoming on October 31st and didn't want them to overlap. I've been out of high school for 20 years now, but I thought Homecoming was in like mid October, isn't it?

Anyhow, I'm kicking myself now for paying full price for all this candy before I found out they were holding it on Nov 1. I could have just waited until tomorrow and bought my candy discounted before passing it out. Jerks, lol.

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Not necessarily. Some high schools have different homecoming dates and have different homecoming schedule every year, depending on when they start school. I know when I was in high school the homecoming week was around the beginning of October/2nd week of October, but I know for a fact that the homecoming season now is actually the last week of October. This has a lot to do with when they start school, what fits with the school curriculum schedule, etc etc.

3. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    Where I am from most schools have homecoming sometime in the beginning to mid October. I would have been as disappointed as you -- about the candy thing. Everything gets discounted to insane prices right after the holiday and you could have easily stocked up for a quarter of the price. I have never heard of a town moving the day of tick or treating. That is just kinda strange if you ask me. You must be in the south though, northerners aren't as peculiar about homecoming as southerners.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    What! it should be over, put away and done with. I don't have a problem with the candy aspect, but Halloween is so dark, I would be very unhappy if someone decided that an official event was going be after the fact as it would just make it all last longer, and it is already too long.