Halloween pumpkins

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Peninha • Nov 3, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    With so many pumpkins being used in Halloween, what do you do with the inside of the pumpkin? The most obvious choice is to make sweet, at least it's what's done at my kids school. What other things to you do with the pumpkin?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I eat pumpkins all year round, they are one of my favorite vegetables. In winter I even eat baked or steamed pumpkin for breakfast, along with sesame butter or cashew nuts, cinnamon and stevia. I often make pumpkin soup with coriander and ginger, which settles down my nerves after a hectic day at work, or when I feel overwrought and can't sleep. Pumpkin is also one of the essential ingredients in my stir-fries.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Baked pumpkin Dora? That seems delicious! I don't have that many pumpkins to do such things, usually I have to buy pumpkins to make soup on a weekly basis, except when my mother-in-law send me some. It's really expensive, so I always appreciate free food. :)

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Pumpkin pie is the usual thing I make out of a pumpkin, which many people can relate to, but I also do other things too. The seeds, I keep to plant for next year. My sister makes spiced pumpkin-oatmeal cookies, which are great to eat in my opinion because oatmeal cookies are what I eat the most! Most of the left overs, I feed it to the squirrels that roam around my house or the chickens I help raise.

5. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Pumpkin squash or pumpkin pie is how I typically get rid of all my leftover pumpkin. If you're not fond of eating too much pumpkin, I would recommend using it for compost.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is not a bad suggestion using for compost, but only if we don't like it of course. I was in a hotel recently and they have decorated their lobby with pumpkins. It's something unusual, but the look was not so bad really, on the contrary.