H&M Love/Hate Relationship

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by clairebeautiful • Mar 5, 2014.

1. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I love how affordable and trendy the stuff at H&M is. I also love that they do so much with cotton/spandex blends, which seems to wash and wear and last so much longer than 100% cotton or polyester options.

But I seriously hate going in to that store. I hate the mess. I hate digging through the rubble. I hate the layout and I hate the amount of time it takes to find things. I hate that things are NEVER where they are supposed to be and very often not priced correctly.

So I thought I'd shop online.

Even worse.

Pictures are terrible and there are no reviews on products to get an idea of the fit. It is great if I know what I want (exactly) but otherwise, not well designed.

And. Get this.

Can't do online returns in store.

What the heck?!

2. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    I feel the exact same way! I love the clothes but hate their customer service and sales assistants and stores!

And whatever you do! DO NOT BUY ONLINE!!

The clothes will take months to come, on 3 occasions now I have bought items and it's taken 3 weeks, 4 weeks and the worst was over 2 months. My sister ordered some clothes for her baby at the start of Feb and they still haven't come. It's appalling really. Especially, since you pay so much for delivery. I tried to get a refund on my delivery each time and they didn't allow it.

3. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had a problem with the layout of H&M. It's always been really easy for me to find the things I like, though I do hate how long and slow the checkout lines are. I don't really shop online, but I'll make sure to avoid H&M if I ever start! Forever 21 is a store I feel has a layout problem. Ha! That place is a disaster zone.

4. erikao1o

erikao1oMember

Threads:
    I definitely agree that Forever 21 is the place with the layout and stock problem! Every time I go in there I feel totally overwhelmed, there are so many products everywhere from the floor to the ceiling. I feel like I need to spend hours in the store looking at everything, but usually I end up leaving the store pretty quickly due to sensory overload. The H&M in my city isn't very big, so it's quite easy to look through. I've been to bigger H&M's in other cities, and I do agree with you that sometimes they can be very chaotic!

5. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't really had issues with H&M being unorganised.Whilst I do agree that H&M do have a range of affordable fashion forward clothing. They also have excellent sales I do not think the quality is that great. Alot of the items I have purchased have not took long to fall apart and have not washed up well. I also agree that the customer service is clearly lacking and that in my experience staff have been quite rude and unhelpful.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Wow, that's for the head's up. I don't have a local H&M any more, so I was excited by the reminder that they have an online store. I have never ordered from them online before, though, and I don't think I will be doing it any time soon either. Yikes.

I hope your sister's stuff arrives soon! I hate when delivery is delayed like crazy.

7. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I totally agree with the mess. You really need to spend a lot of time going around an H&M store to find what you like. For me, however, that is rather enjoyable since I get to see different things and compare them to one another. Sometimes, I'm even surprised to find some really interesting pieces.

So yeah, H&M is rather messy but I still love that place and in fact, I buy a good number of my clothes from there. Their items are usually durable, as long as you do not use very strong fabric conditioners.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thinking about it now, I realized that I never bought anything from H&M online! I only buy them on stores at the mall, and actually really like their clothes. If I'm buying clothes online it's usually at Forever 21 or Express. It's good to know that you have a love hate relationship with H&M online!

9. hosewalker

hosewalkerMember

Threads:
    I love H&M and the layout in the store that I go to isn't that bad. I find it relatively easy to find what I'm looking for. Their men's clothes are great and its all so cheap!. The quality of their clothes isn't amazing but that's OK considering how cheap they are. Overall, I really enjoy H&M but I can appreciate and understand why other people dislike it.

10. GettyYetty

GettyYettyNew Member

Threads:
    Ah, H&M, I'd advise against buying sweaters or coats there, however was very pleased with the lingerie section.

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually have not been in H &M. There is a store at our mall. I will look in there some time. I am older so I don't wear super trendy clothes usually...are they all for the younger set? I am not really familiar with their products. I think they might be a remake of a store called Hamricks that was around in the 90's thought. I always liked that store.