Handmade Gifts For Guys

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Zyni • Feb 6, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find it much trickier to come up with ideas for handmade gifts for guys. It seems like the majority of "crafts" or whatever are more focused on women. Lots of pretty stuff to make for girls and women, but I can't think of too many things to make for men and boys other than food gifts/treats. Maybe it's just me, because I have daughters and granddaughters, and I'm surrounded by girls, lol.

Do you know any good ideas for handmade gifts for guys?

2. sll-rambleon

sll-rambleonMember

Threads:
    Oh I have an awesome idea for you. I found this tutorial on how to make a wallet out of few pieces of leather. It really doesn't require much work or anything and he will love it.
    Here it is:

3. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    For handmade gifts to men, you must consider the personality of the person, his likes, hobbies and interests. From there, conceptualize what he needs and create something that can be useful in his day-to-day activities. You may create boxes made of wooden sticks which has a design of his favorite thing, a scrapbook that contains important memories that will make him remember those things, personalized and elegant frames and many more. In craft-making, let your ideas gone wild and let your hands do magic with that ideas.

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I'd have to agree with scrapbook. You can put your pictures together there, and even your past tickets when you went to this certain place or a concert. It's really the sweetest. :)

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A friend of mine who was traveling abroad bought a fancy belt that was made from beads. It had green, blue, yellow, etc beads which made it quite colorful. He decided to give it to a lady as gift. I'm sure since ladies like that kind of stuff, she proudly dons the belt from time to time.

I believe though that a "bead belt" would [also] make a good gift for a man. You can learn how to make one online.

6. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    If you are into knitting, then knitted sweaters, hat, or gloves might be a good gift for guys. Personally, I feel that the person are willing to spend a lot of time and effort to make the gift (regardless of whether the gift itself looks physically appealing or not). However, I understand that this might sound cliche and it might not work for people who live in the south but I guess other handmade accessories or clothing might works as well (somebody mentioned wallets).

However, I believe that the reason edible gifts are so popular is because guys really like it. As long as it is not one of those awfully small cake that is too fancy, I would be happy to receive edible handmade gifts.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I always make greetings card for my friend and they love it. It is also very easy to make. I do not think there can be any better solution to it.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the guy who you are looking to make a gift for is into fitness, there are numerous tutorials on Youtube on how to make various fitness apparatus? From dumbbells to more hi-tech 'machinery.' Though some of the finished products do come out looking a little low budget, but they get the job done, when it comes to fitness.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find framed pictures never fail to impress. Take or find a lovely picture, put it in a gorgeous frame and hey presto! You have a nice, maybe not so original but still thoughtful present.

10. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    Cool article...

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is hard to find gifts for guys home made or purchasing them in the sote. You could make some special soap for a guy one with the scents that men like. A box to hod the things he takes out of his pockets at night, I saw something like that some where and thought that was a good gift to give.

12. Barry Walker

Barry WalkerNew Member

Threads:
    Yup, framed pictures are liked by everyone, even guys don't mind accepting it.

I remembered last year, I gifted my best friend a Collage of pictures which captures some of our memorable moments which we spent in our High School and College.

Few days before his birthday, I collected all the pictures and contacted some stores like for framing them. All the pictures were framed in a collage form and were looking amazing. I had to contact so many stores in order to get the perfect product.

If you also want to go for this idea then I have a list of stores which I have tried and got the good product.

Following are the stores list:

And, he still has the collage hanging in his room. I am so blessed to have such a good friend in my life. God bless him.

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aww I can imagine the collage looked fantastic! He must like it too, because he has it hanging in his room. Thanks for posting the list of stores, too Barry!

14. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    With Father's Day on the way, it seems like a good time to revisit this thread. There are some good ideas here, but I'd like to see even more. I'd love to find some great gifts to make, and for the kids to make, for Father's Day. Let's brainstorm some more handmade gifts that Dads will really like.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If the guy is into video games then I would recommend finding some great hand made video game items. I've seen a lot of those ranging from stickers to DIY pixel art, as well as already pre-made ones and they all look fun to me. I think this would be great to give as gifts since they aren't very expensive, and if you opt to buy ones you could put together yourself, it even makes for a great group activity.

16. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did make some video game art for one of my kids once. I mainly framed some pictures and then added logos and stuff. It was a big hit. I think a lot can be done with art or even pictures, like Lushlala was describing. I think Grandpa's would love some nicely framed pics of their grand kids.

I was thinking more along the lines of handcrafted items. I'm hoping more people will also share some fun ideas.

17. shanetx1969

shanetx1969New Member

Threads:
    If you were to ask me, a handmade gift is so much more valuable that a purchased gift. Every time I have received a handmade gift, I have appreciated so much more because someone who cares about me had put love, thought and time into that gift. Those are the gifts that I have remembered the most.

18. yvannahgeorgianne

yvannahgeorgianneNew Member

Threads:
    I'm planning to make a giant letter that uses chocolates to complete the thought. My boyfriend would love it since he has a sweet tooth like me. I'm also thinking of doing the 365-day jar but not I'm planning to write my favorite memories of us together, song lyrics that I dedicate to him, and not the usual message per day.
    7f03829c9f176c64a7b425a81d95db41.

19. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I made some sauces and chutneys for a couple of male friends and those went down well.

Speaking more specifically, I have a male friend that's a truck driver and I put together a little carry case for some food bits and pieces to take with him on long journeys. It had a space for some tea bags, sugar sachets, a bottle of sauce, cutlery, some wipes and hand sanitizer and some other bits and pieces as well. It also had space inside to store a lunchbox or flash as well. He said it came in handy many times and still uses it today. I made it for him about 6 years ago now!