Harbor Freight

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by preacherbob50 • Oct 17, 2014.

1. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    Okay...it's a guy place. The gals can have Payless shoes, we get tools, tools, tools and stuff. They have just about every tool known to the free world and then some, since most of it does comes from China. That being said, you just have to be picky. The right tool for the job, so to speek. You can't buy a cordless drill for $15.00 and expect it to take a lot of abuse. That takes a high dollar tool and while Harbor Freight has some high dollar tools they aren't normally built for commercial work.
    The trick is, they have a huge sale every week. If what you want isn't on sale this week, chances are they will have it on sale next week. They also have on line sales and shipping for the guys who do not live near one of their stores.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't often work with tools much, but when I moved out on my own, I stopped in one of these just to pick up some basic tools that I could have on hand as needed. I was really surprised at how inexpensive all of their stuff was. I got a complete set of screwdrivers, nice ones I might add, for like $7 - and this was a huge set too. I am amazed at how cheap their products are compared to places like Lowes or Sears, where one screw driver or hammer can run you like $15-$20 a piece.

The stores are really clean and organized as well, they don't just dump a bunch of random stuff on the shelves, like places such as Ollie's and Big Lots do.

I haven't tried any of their electrical tools though to speak to their quality, but they looked pretty good from what I saw.