Harris Teeter--Any opinions?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by nms1234 • Aug 3, 2012.

1. nms1234

nms1234New Member

Threads:
    Harris Teeter is a grocery store located in the mid-atlantic/southeastern US. I really like this grocery store. The produce is good quality, their lines are not usually too long, and they have a good variety of products. Prices are OK, but you can get some good sales. I feel as though they are well staffed and their return policy is awesome. We have a Safeway across the street which is dimly lit and not that well staffed, the lines are always really long. The prices there are pretty comprable to Harris Teeter. But I usually go to Harris Teeter because of the reasons mentioned above which make for a more pleasant shopping experience. Is Harris Teeter the shiny grocery store everywhere? Or do we have an exceptionally clean well run one in my area?

2. Spongecake

SpongecakeNew Member

Threads:
    Harris Teeter has always felt upscale to me, but without the insane prices that can sometimes accompany well-to-do grocery stores. If given the choice between this grocery and another one, it would definitely be this one every time. Another bonus is that Harris Teeter (or at least the ones near me) are 24 hours, which means that my midnight ice cream cravings never go unfulfilled.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I used to shop at Harris Teeter in Atlanta. People thought I was crazy. Sorry, but they were the closest thing in Atlanta to the types of stores that I grew up around. When it comes to grocery shopping, I think you should have a comfort level in the store. Not to mention, they would stock foods that other stores simply did not.

In my opinion, they are the more commercially stocked version of Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. The other two stores don't have the commercial brands that I would like to still buy, but all three have the quality meat, fruits and vegetables that I prefer.

Safeway has switched to a dimmer lighting style in all of them. Why, I am not quite sure, but that was an actual business decision. As for the lack of employees, I'm a little shocked by that as they are union and those can be some of the better jobs to get, depending on the field.

4. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Harris Teeter right here in my neighborhood. I love the store layout. Its always clean & inviting. I love its always staffed well. The variety of foods is amazing. I can find things there you can't find at Walmart Super store. Their coupons are great. The only problem I have with them is the every day prices with out sales or coupons, it seems very high.

5. quitetenacious

quitetenaciousNew Member

Threads:
    Every Harris Teeter that I have been to has had a somewhat upscale feel to it. I love the feeling shopping in a nice grocery store gives me. I have always encountered friendly staff when I shop there. Even though sometimes the prices are a bit more than I might pay at Walmart for example it is worth not having to deal with staff that doesn't really care and waiting in long lines in a place where I feel my business is not even appreciated.