Has anybody tried a Snuggy?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by justusforus • Jan 7, 2014.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    If you don't know its the sort of one piece jump suit made of fleece or some other soft material. I have to admit I am tempted to order one but wanted to hear from anyone who has worn one.

2. smlewis00

smlewis00Member

Threads:
    My mother-in-law bought me a snuggie last Christmas. I can honestly say it was not my favorite gift. I have used it twice. It is soft, comfortable and easy to use. However, for me, I would prefer a blanket. It is nice to have your hands free in the snuggie, but my fingers sometimes get cold. I would rather wrap myself up in a big fluffy blanket.
    To me, it is just like an oversized robe. I do not use it very often. I say if you are eager to try it, then buy one! Worst case scenerio you don't like it, you could give it away as a gift or something. :)

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter and I used to make fun of the Snuggie and say that we were too cool to own one. Then one winter we had a cold front in Florida and went shopping for things to keep us warm.
    We saw leopard and zebra print Snuggies at Walmart on clearance for $6 and bought a couple. They are warm and comfortable and we still use them to this day.
    If you don't mind looking like a cult member or a singer in a gospel choir, a Snuggie is a way to stay warm and have your hands free. My daughter likes hers a lot.

4. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    I never have been a big fan of them, a sweatshirt on the top and a comfy blanket over my legs works just fine for me.

I have used one before and I felt it was awkward, they seem to pull a little across the chest if you are big chested like me and I also find that they are easy to get tangled up in.

5. lawofattraction

lawofattractionNew Member

Threads:
    Looks comfortable. :)

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They are comfortable and soft. I recommend the Snuggie, if you don't mind looking silly. It's hard to look good in a blanket with sleeves.

7. smlewis00

smlewis00Member

Threads:
    I laughed so hard when I read "if you don't mind looking like a cult member or a singer in a gospel choir." That is absolutely hilarious! Especially because I look like one every time I put mine on and never even realized the resemblance. Thank you for the laugh! I hadn't thought of it like that but what a great way for the choir to stay warm while singing. ;-)

8. yambfas

yambfasMember

Threads:
    I've thought recently about getting one. I'm trying to save money by lowering the heat and putting on layers. I've wondered if a Snuggy might be a good way to go while watching TV or reading. They're pretty cheap so I guess I could go ahead and try one. Might be worth the savings I'd get each winter. And there are so many colors/designs that I might find one that I actually like:)

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our Snuggies came packaged with a clip on book light, so yes, they are good to wear while reading. We had a rather nasty cold front last week and didn't turn the heat on once because we wore the Snuggies along with socks and fleece pajamas. They have all kinds of designs from college logos to skulls and animal prints, so you are bound to find something you like.

10. lisalillym

lisalillymNew Member

Threads:
    can make do with a blanket

11. LisaD

LisaDNew Member

Threads:
    My brother actually bought me a Snuggie for Christmas this past year, and well, it is not as it states. Sure it keeps me warm, and is comfortable for watching television in, but when it says one size fits all it did not take into account people who are vertically impaired. I am short and this Snuggie is much too big. It hangs down my arms and makes moving in it impossible. It gets in the way if I am trying to read, or even if I am just snacking while watching television. I think maybe he should have purchased me a kids Snuggie and then it would probably fit. Other than the thing being massively large it is a good product.

12. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I have friends who own snuggies but I don't. I do think the product was a good idea but they aren't really my type of product. They look cozy and are kinda thin like a regular throw but I wouldn't waste my money on one.

13. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    My husband bought one for me for Christmas about three years ago. He bought me the ugliest one I have ever seen I think lol. But, it was really warm and cozy. I spent the winter on the couch with a good book and my ugly Snuggie. I have since worn it out but I did like it very much. It is a lot like an over-sized bathrobe but I really liked mine and if we ever move back to a cold climate again, I would definitely buy another one, only hopefully a better looking one!

14. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    The snuggy is an awesome little thing when it's cold. I bought one for my mother, the leopard print one. She loved it. She has no idea where it is now, but she used to wear it all the time when she knew where it was. Spring and summer came, it got boxed up, and then, it was found no more.

15. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like I am the only person on the face of the planet who has not purchased a Snuggie or received a Snuggie as a gift. I really did not see the point in one. I'm not a fan of robes because they feel restricting to me. Someone mentioned these are roomier but I'd rather use a blanket.

16. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I just saw Snuggies in Walmart for $8.00! I wanted to buy some for everyone in the family. I know it sounds a little cheesy, but I just loved mine when I had it. It kept me warm on those cold Idaho evenings or morning and I just loved it, have to say I think I had the ugliest thing I owned though, it was a gift and oh wow it was ugly lol.

17. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I usually wear a robe and I'll throw a blanket over me if it gets really cold.
    Would it be worth it to buy a Snuggie? It just seems like an oversized robe to me...

18. Quaestor

QuaestorMember

Threads:
    They look ridiculous.

Are there two person snuggies? I don't think I could justify buying one just for myself, but if I could use one to cuddle up in then I might get one.
    A similar idea I saw was a shared glove set called a "smitten" (clever pun), where you get three gloves and the middle one has two hand slots for both people to use at the same time :D

The two might go hand in hand

19. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    I have some pretty snuggly robes, but they do look comfortable. I think the Snuggy might feel too confining for me though. :)

20. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    This is going to be embarrassing to admit since I am a guy but I actually really like the Snuggie! It was such a simple yet brilliant invention. My mom got it for me as a joke gift one time but I always tell her it is honestly one of the best gifts she has ever gotten me :)