Has anybody tried a Snuggy?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by justusforus • Jan 7, 2014.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They don't have Snuggies for two. Maybe you could be the person that invents that and makes a lot of money. I heard on Shark Tank that a lot of successful inventions are simply improvements on something that was already invented. Couples items are popular. In Korea they have couples matching t-shirts, and in Japan they have special train seats for couples.

2. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    My dog has a snuggie and she really likes it!

253863_1392057179577_1247821_n.

3. Rusky

RuskyMember

Threads:
    My sister got one last year for Christmas, and she says it's great since it's just a blanket, but now she doesn't have to worry about it sifting about when she moves. So instead of having to readjust everything any time she needs to get up, she just keeps it on.

4. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    While I don't personally own a Snuggie, since I felt they were too gimmicky, I have tried one. I was at a friend's house, sitting on her couch, looking a bit cold. Well, she offered me her Snuggie, which she had draped over the couch, like a throw. Let me tell you, it was very lightweight and comfortable. So much more so than a robe, which I never use because robes feel a bit constraining, arm movement wise. Though I didn't actually move around much, I could tell by the little bit of movement I did do, that it would be very comfortable to use while sitting at my computer, getting up to use the restroom, or tidying up a bit.

#24Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a Snuggie myself, but my Grandmother had one. She liked it cause it doubled up as both a robe and blanket, and she didn't have to worry about struggling into it. She had shoulder problems and couldn't twist to get into robes/sweaters easily. I'm personally content with my hoodie and blanket over the knees method of keeping warm for now, but maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas or something.

6. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I have several, only because they were given to me, and honestly, I hate them. They are hard to maneuver around in, and I hate having my back exposed. They feel drafty to me. Drafty and cold in the back, and way too HOT in the front. To me they are just a useless piece of fabric that is better used as a dog blanket. Shhhh........ don't tell my relatives. ha ha

7. AZ Athena

AZ AthenaNew Member

Threads:
    Everyone in my house has them- even the little ones have knock-offs in very tiny sizes. I like mine and use it often in the cooler months. It's big enough that a kiddo can crawl inside with me while we read or watch TV and I don't have to worry about it falling off or getting knocked down and lost or hijacked by a kid... that always seems to happen with blankets. It's not super warm, but it's cozy enough.

8. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Two years ago I had a blue colored one. It was warm. Then my feet would get cold. I liked it for a while. I gave it to the Salvation Army, donation of clothes.

9. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I wore my moms snuffy a few times but have never owned one myself. They are totally warm and well worth the money they cost. My mom wears her non stop!

10. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    I have a knock-off "Slanket." I love that thing in the wintertime! It's nice to be able to do stuff with your arms while not having them out and getting cold. Especially when working with a computer.

I wouldn't pay the full Snuggie price though. Get a copycat. They're just as good and don't have the "made for TV" price attached.

11. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    They are fine, if you really want to spend the money. But, a blanket and warm PJs or sweats work just as well. If you want the "look", just turn your bathrobe around LOL! My son found one somewhere and wound up bringing it home. It's still sitting in a closet.

12. baranbabe0416

baranbabe0416New Member

Threads:
    oversized robe

The snuggie is basically a backwards oversized robe. Sure it works as advertised, but for a petite person it can be too big making it more of a hassel. I would rather wear a long sleeve shirt and a blanket personally. They do have some cute patterns, but you will still look silly regardless.

13. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I guess it's not an "official" branded Snuggy but my husband got me a Nightmare Before Christmas one, partially as a joke. I thought when I saw them on TV, and still do think after using one, that they're basically a backwards robe. They're okay, but I don't see how that they're all that superior to just wrapping up with a nice blanket.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd love a snuggy but unfortunately, they aren't available here, probably because it's almost never cold where I am from. Though, I think it would be great for when I am relaxing in an airconditioned room. However, I don't really know how much I'd use it if ever I had one, because I rarely do much when I'm under a blanket anyway. If I'm doing something then chances are that I probably won't be under a blanket, and even when I watch shows, if I'm ever snacking on something, I don't think I'd be comfortable eating on top of my Snuggy since I'd be afraid of getting crumbs and stains on it.

15. luigi

luigiMember

Threads:
    My best friend bought me a Sonic the Hedgehog snuggie a couple of Christmases ago. I love it - not for the fact it's a snuggy, but the fact it's versatile and comfortable. I can use it as a plain blanket, or I can slip my arms into it when I am cold. I can also use it as a "coat" if I wear it the opposite way. LOL

16. Gadzooks

GadzooksMember

Threads:
    I have had a snuggie. I like the concept but unfortunately for me, I live in a very hot climate so the snuggie wasn't used often enough. I do have one for my dog though, haha, for those cold-ish winter days that are only like 3-4 weeks a year. I think it would be awesome if there was a snuggie for 2! How cute!

17. Dolson910

Dolson910Member

Threads:
    I have one. I do not usually use it as it is intended to be used. I find myself using it more like a regular blanket more than anything. Though it is comfortable to "wear" as well. I will tell you that it is extremely soft and cozy. It also keeps me nice and warm. I have washed it several time and it has held up and still looks very nice. All in all, I have been very impressed with my Snuggy.

18. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    Those things are awesome. They can be kind of hot though. I would also consider trying it on before you buy one. Just so you don't get one too small. Some people have longer legs than normal.

Overall it might make you feel like a big baby lol.

God bless, LIONZFIRE

19. Taki

TakiMember

Threads:
    I ordered one of those Snuggys and let me tell you...a blanket is much more comforting and warming than it was. I found it to be too small and too thin to actually perform as advertised. So I went back to bringing my comforter out in the living room when I was going to be up late at night reading or watching TV by the fireplace.

20. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They're all right, and I know plenty of people that own Snuggies. I wouldn't use one, but I also don't get that cold very often even in extreme weather. If I need to feel warmer, then I'll turn up the heat or put a jacket on. The Snuggies are cheap enough to where you can buy one for each family member, and then you've got something amusing to talk about with visitors. Otherwise, they are what they are.