Has anybody tried a Snuggy?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by justusforus • Jan 7, 2014.

1. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Snuggy and it is comfortable. It is so warm and cozy when it's cold in my house. I do wish there was a way for it to cover my hands because they will still be cold while the rest of me is warm. Other than that, I would recommend the Snuggy to anyone who wants something to keep them warm.

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I got a Snuggy for my niece and she looked comfortable using it! I never did try it myself but I may just go out and get myself one before it starts getting cold again. The only thing is the material its made from looks like it could be a bit warmer honestly. It seems a bit thin if you are depending on just that blanket for warmth. But I guess I need to try it out myself to see if it keeps me warm.

#42Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  3. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    They are super comfortable when it's really cold. the problem though is that you get hot pretty quick and they're a pain to get off. I gave up on mine a long time ago. Plus you kind of look like a crazy cult leader but that's just my opinion.

4. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    I have several that I got for $3 each on Woot. They are warm and comfortable but as others have noted a bit silly-looking. Still, it isn't like I'm wearing it to the symphony or out to dinner. My cats absolutely LOVE to lay on them too. Also as others have noted my hands do still get cold.

5. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Really don't see the need for one versus wearing a sweater and going under a blanket. But the feedback seems to be positive from this thread and it is only $3 ? What is the material ? Anyway back in NY we keep the temperature of the house at 69 F so no need for anything too warm. I saw some pictures of it online also. Seems a bit restrictive for movement.

6. Hamz10

Hamz10Member

Threads:
    To be honest, it's not really that much different from a blanket. I guess if you want to move around somewhere without dropping the blanket, then the snuggie is worth buying. Otherwise it's not really worth buying at all as sometimes is can be annoying to take off. There is no harm in buying it but a normal blanket will do just fine. It's a nice concept and I'll give them that as it does deliver what it's supposed to do.

7. randomdude

randomdudeMember

Threads:
    I was also tempted to purchase this product. Actually I still am tempted. I think its a really good idea and it just makes sense. As soon as I get a chance to do so I am going to purchase one for myself and a couple more as christmas gifts for the family. I would love to wake up on a very cold winter day with one of these things on. It looks super comfortable. And the best part about it is these aren't even expensive. They are very affordable. These types of products are definate a "want" as well as a need. I did a little bit of investegating about the reviews and quality of this product. Superisingly the majority of reviews are good and people like it. So thats a plus in my book. I am purchasing a bunch of these A.S.A.P.

8. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I received one as a Christmas present a few years ago... As a gamer, I thought it was a great idea since I always struggle with keeping a blanket up while playing or drinking a soda. Even snacking poses an issue. Anyway, It's fine when you're down, but very hard to move in. If it was a giant robe it might be easy, but the cut-out in the back makes it constantly slip off.

9. MomFirst

MomFirstNew Member

Threads:
    I have to admit, I purchased a few earlier this year and I didn't like nor did I use mine more than twice. I purchased them on sale at a local CVS pharmacy in Ohio. I thought I'd get one for my cousin as a winter maternity gift, one for her mother as a first time grandma gift (any excuse to shop) as well as one for myself. I thought the fleece material was itchy, I couldn't cover my toes when they had gotten cold on a whim, and I could not get comfortable! For me it was yet another As Seen On TV fail.

However, my cousin, her mother and her son enjoyed theirs. They just posted on Facebook that it was just about "Snuggie Season!"
    They say to each it's own. For the price I'd say it's worth a shot! Good luck on your endeavors to keep warm this winter!

10. MomFirst

MomFirstNew Member

Threads:
    You make a very good point, I did forget to mention they are only about six bucks in Ohio. I do not think you could go wrong with trying it, especially since there are diverse experiences being mentioned. They are very restrictive! They should have made it a slip on, I always thought it was. Didn't they start making them with the hood?

11. MrsWilson2012

MrsWilson2012Member

Threads:
    I love my snuggie! I bought mine in a large size since I'm built small, so I can wrap the bottom around my feet if they get cold while I'm snuggled on the couch. The only downfall is that it's hard to walk in (as it drags because it's too big) but it's really meant for covering up when you're sitting down, not walking around. It's basically a blanket with arm holes so that you don't have to uncover to reach for something.

The biggest downfall for me is that I don't like the fleece material- I want one in cotton!

12. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    You mean adults wear 'onesies'? I have heard of the expression but I do not think I have ever seen one. I would love to see a photo of one, they sound very warm and comfy although a little bit like wearing a large animal costume or something. I tend to get over heated fast so I think it would turn me into an oven. I like layers; I put them on, put them off, put them on again.

13. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    One of my old roommates used to have one. He got it as a work secret santa gift, I think. I must admit it was comfortable :D Are they still as popular as they once were?

14. kwriter93

kwriter93Member

Threads:
    I've never bought one, but I honestly thought about it. If I can keep warm and keep the heating costs down this season that will be wonderful. The only problem I can see with the Snuggie and what deters me from buying it is, it looks like a blanket or robe. I'm not saying I don't like the appearance of the Snuggie (not saying I do like it either), I'm saying, wouldn't a blanket or robe keep me just as warm if I really wanted it just for that reason? I have sewing machine and I feel like I could honestly take this fleece blanket I have draped over me right now and turn it into a mock version of a Snuggie at a cheaper price. I'm just not sure that it's really as good as it's all hyped up to be on TV.

15. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I thought the Snuggie was a pretty dumb idea in the beginning, but now I own one and I love it.
    I understand how amazing it is. It keeps me warm and toasty in the winter and it's my favorite thing ever. I'm never far from it in the winter.
    My mom is the one who bought it for me and I thought it was a gag gift at first. I think that's what she intended it to be, but I've gotten a lot of use out of it since then.

16. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried the Snuggy, but I only prefer to use it when I'm sick or I'm sleeping outside. It gets to hot in to be in between mid-Spring to mid-Fall in the environment I presently reside. Otherwise, I opt for an open type of blanket instead, because I tend to move a lot so I simply wrap it over my shoulders to move around.

But has any person seen the male and female bath versions of Snuggy? Those things crack me up every time I see it!

17. sethky

sethkyNew Member

Threads:
    I own a snuggy myself, and I love it. I keep it in my car just in case If my car were to brake down on the side of the road in the winter. They've in the past kept me warm and me and my girlfriend use it as a blanket for when were driving in the cold and the heat takes a few to turn on. I highly recommend them to anyone who lives in cold weather.

18. staelynn

staelynnNew Member

Threads:
    I had a snuggy once and I thought it was the neatest idea at first, but I personally just like to grab my blanket and wrap it around me. The idea was cool at first, but I just prefer a regular blanket.

19. chelessweeps

chelessweepsNew Member

Threads:
    A few years ago, Snuggies were the go to gift for Christmas. We have received several as gifts and bought them for our kids. They work about as well as a traditional throw, but I have been unimpressed with how well they work for moving about the house. They tend to fall off your shoulders when you try to move around. They are nice for sitting on the couch when you want to keep your arms warm and still do things like crafting, paying bills, using your tablet, etc. They are sometimes a little small to adequately cover up if you use them as a throw blanket. I find myself turning to my regular throw blankets instead of my Snuggies.

20. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Nope. I've never tried a Snuggy. You can call me Linus, I suppose, because I've always just liked a blanket or quilt and I've got plenty of them to choose from.