Has Anyone Ever Been On A Theme Vacation?

Discussion in Travel started by H.C. Heartland • Mar 16, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Recently, I have seen many advertisements for women only, seniors only, must have kids under 12, etc type vacations. Has anyone ever been on this type of 'theme' vacation where you will know in advance the type of persons you will be surrounded by? Was there required interaction? What are some of the positives and negatives of this type of trip?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't been on any of those vacations, and I probably never will, unless someone invites me. :) But my sister recently went on a holiday to Morocco with her partner and 2 year old. They stayed at a special family hotel for parents under 35 years with children. Apparently, there were plenty of social activities for the parents available while their kids were taken care of and entertained in a special child care center within the hotel complex. They all enjoyed it very much, and they'll be booking a similar holiday soon.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if it counts as a theme vacation or not, but last summer my husband and I celebrated our anniversary by staying at an adults-only resort. We love kids and especially love traveling with our own, but I will admit it was so nice to be somewhere and not have to witness any meltdowns, or dodge little ones running around, or even worry that I might say something inappropriate that small ears might overhear.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for that! I have always wondered what the reason was for this type of vacation and now that you explained what was nice about it, it makes total sense to me! I was worried there would be something funny about it, but I have often worried about little ones in the pool, etc. And this would be a nice type of vacation where you wouldn't have to worry about other peoples kids. I have had kids wander up to me and because of the way strangers are with children, I don't even want to have too much interaction with them. Thanks for posting that!

5. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    You are very welcome. There was nothing funny to it at all; it was a great trip. We felt completely pampered and rested by the end of our trip. It was an all-inclusive resort in Cancun. We never even had to leave the resort property to find something to do. We met so many great people from all over the world too. I would say it's a great place to go whether you are an extrovert looking to meet people and have late nights or an introvert who's looking for someplace quiet where you can sit by the pool or on the beach and lounge all day.

6. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I do think these types of vacation are becoming more and more popular, although I have to admit i dont think its something that I would consider.

When I'm on vacation I think its also nice to get to know and try and mix with other types of people, I'd imagine if you was on a themed vacation you'd only be meetingpeople that had the same interests as you?

For some this might be ideal but not ffor me I don't think, unless it was dirt cheap of course, then I'd probably consider it.