Has Anyone Ever Sold Something On Etsy.com?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Colebra • Mar 12, 2015.

1. felielizab

felielizabMember

Threads:
    I have sold and purchased on Etsy. I create handmade plush dolls. The trick to selling on Etsy is making sure your tags are unique and attention grabbing. Most customers shopping on Etsy want that one product that is handmade and unique. So you have to show them through pictures and tags that you specialize in that. Brush up on your SEO skils, as well. It will come in handy and assist with your listings showing up higher in Google.

2. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I recently opened a shop on Etsy and I like the set up and terms. It seems fair, and allows you room to get started. They also have a lot of info and support.
    It is true that you have to love doing your craft and quality pictures are a must too.

3. simbody

simbodyNew Member

Threads:
    I used to sell on Etsy when I was obsessed with crafting charms, earrings, and other trinkets out of polymer clay. I decided to open up a shop when I found buying interest from friends and family. I took to Photoshop to brighten up my page a little, and tried to take "artsy" photographs of the necklaces, earrings and keychains that I would be selling on my Etsy store. I had been open for a few months and only made seven sales, but I believe that was because I did not put as much effort into the business as I could have. I did receive a five-star review on a keychain I crafted to look like a human brain, though, which was instantly a confidence-booster. The .20 cent cost to post wasn't really a big deal in my opinion, but I suppose it varies from store to store. I've been interested in buying, especially cosmetics, but shipping prices are what normally discourage me from doing so.

I would most definitely recommend you showing the site to your mother. If there's a particular craft that she's great at doing, she should totally hop on board the Etsy train. I would suggest taking the time to market the store if you want it to be successful, though. Social media like Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr are great free options to do just that!

4. missfortune81

missfortune81Member

Threads:
    I've started making my own body lotions and been trying to sell them on Etsy. I know it usually takes awhile for people to start noticing your products/shop. It's good to know that some people on here have had some success. It gives me hope as I would love to have my own business full-time.

5. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes failure to make sales is that we have all the enthusiasm in the world to make those crafts, but not a marketing plan or discipline to promote our virtual store.

I have not tried Etsy to sell my hand crafted products, which I left in the past but I'm on creating them again as an alternative to make extra money from the web, so it's likely I give this a go very soon, and certainly I have this time a plan to promote my products using social media, and offline advertising too.

6. colonelcourn

colonelcournNew Member

Threads:
    Etsy can be a great outlet for creativity, but the selling process can often be complicated, lengthly, and stressful. Due to this reason, I would suggest selling products on Etsy as a side project, not as a main source of income. I actually began selling handmade hula hoops made from tubing and tape last year, and the business is enough to provide some extra spending money on the weekends. However, it can often be time-consuming to keep up with the work. Unless you plan on working several hours a week to make or produce your product, I wouldn't suggest trying Etsy.

7. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I've never sold anything on Etsy but I've bought a bunch of things and had a great experience! I believe the items I purchased were made to order so there wasn't much of an initial investment for the seller. I would definitely recommend her sell stuff! I don't know if there is a charge to join or if they charge a commission on what you sell, but its worth a shot. I have to say there is a lot of competition out there though. I was looking for something specific and at least 20 options came up.

Good luck!

8. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:

What kind of stuff do you sell?
    I find that there is so many products there it would be hard to get recognized.
    I actually buy a lot of items off etsy. They sell pretty much anything you can ever want and it's especially great for personalized items.