Has Anyone Ever Taken 'that' Car Key To The Dealership?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by MrsJones • Jan 30, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I think this happens once or twice a year where a circular lands in your mailbox which includes a car key attached to an ad from a car dealership for a chance to drive off in one of their latest model cars. Of course there are lesser gifts too but we've never ventured out to find it we had 'that' key.

Everyone knows this promo is just a tease to get customers to come in with the hopes of a sale but some of us give it a shot anyway.

I think about the strings attached, you know, that have the color 'green' on it.

Have you ever taken that 'key' to find out if you were the lucky one, or someone you know?

2. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    This is my first time ever hearing about this type of thing. I have yet to receive a key in the mail telling me to come to a dealership and try my luck with it to see if it 'fits' into a car. If I ever get one, I might go to the dealership that sent it and see if I won something.
    I wouldn't really worry about having to spend any money because right now, I don't have any money to give them, so they'd be out of luck with me in regards to that, lol.

3. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting. I've also never heard of this! I think the only common win-a-car-contest I've heard of was the one where you unroll the edge of your coffee cup and you can win different rewards, including a car!

But it's an interesting advertisement, this key thing hahaha.

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    This might just be a local promotion here in the city. A way to draw people into their dealership.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've often wondered the same thing, @MrsJones@MrsJones. I receive those keys about two times a year as well. I also receive a lot of mail from car dealers in the area that contain offers of large rebates and other money back techniques. I don't have the money for a vehicle, but I might be tempted, if I did have it, although I was happy with my last experience, which was at a no haggle type place.