Has Anyone Had Or Used An Aerogarden?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Lisa Davis • Jul 3, 2016.

1. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone here ever owned or used an AeroGarden? I just moved into a small basement apartment that doesn't have much natural sunlight. I really want to grow some herbs and possibly some tomatoes, but I have no outdoor space either. I remember seeing something called an AeroGarden which is basically an apparatus that you plant things in that has a grow light I believe. It is designed with spaces like mine in mind. If you have seen or owned one, let me know how you liked it and how large your harvest was. Are there any similar product that you know of that may be cheaper because while I"m willing to foot the cost, the AeroGardens are quite pricey.

2. LordAndSaver

LordAndSaverMember

Threads:
    From what I've read about aerogardens, it's a lot cheaper to build your own. However, it is worth noting that the things that you will be buying and an increase in your electrical and water consumption might spark some suspicion from authorities, as this type of behavior is quite common with marijuana grow houses. If you're keeping it small you won't have any trouble. Overall, I'd say that this sounds like some good DIY work, just remember to do lots of research!

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have two aerogardens, and i just LOVE them ! My daughter has three of them, and she grows tomatoes and other veggies in hers. She gave me the first one, and I liked it so much that I watched for a good sale and bought another one.
    Since I also grow plants outside, I got one of the little sprouter trays for the smaller aerogarden. It holds 16 seeds and is not intended for growing them to full size like the regular tray does; but for growing them large enough to transplant.
    We have started tomatoes, basil, dill, and lettuce (which we grew full-size inside), and it is also great for flowerss and even strawberries.
    While Aeorgardens are expensive, they do put them on sale a lot, plus if you watch places like ebay and craigslist, youu can often find used ones that work fine.
    image.