Has Anyone Had To Have Their Flat Screen Tv Repaired?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by MrsJones • Jan 26, 2016.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    My son purchased a flat screen TV for me about three if not four years ago. Now I am seeing a group of black lines going vertical across one section of the screen. I know I'm going to have to get it repaired but I'm curious, if anyone else had their flat screen tv serviced, how long before it needed servicing, and how much did it costs?

2. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I experienced the same thing with ours. We didn't really pay anything in order for it to get fixed because our unit was still under warranty when it got broken. However our unit wasn't completely repaired and it always reverted to the same issue after a few months which kinda sucked since we paid a lot of money for the TV. Try to get it consulted first and see if they are willing to fix your unit for a price that you can agree with. Good luck!

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know there used to be a business in my town that would repair flat screen televisions, but it seems to have gone out of business. I know when my ex started having trouble with his (and he is very good mechanically and can fix most of his own equipment), he said it wasn't worth repairing. He ended up just giving the television away and buying a new one. The prices have come down a lot on newer models, but of course, I'd probably still try to repair it. I'd see if I could find a local place that would give a free estimate before making up my mind.