Has anyone heard of General Auto Insurance company?

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by Kaybee517 • Aug 3, 2012.

1. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I'm looking to shop insurance companies and just saw a commercial for this one last night, however I have never heard of them. Has anyone tried this company before or heard any reviews?

2. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I can never seem to find anyone who actually gets those low rates...$39 a month seems like a crock and so far it seems like it is. I am thinking it is very, very poor service or they are just in business long enough to get swooped up by a big company and then bail.

3. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    I've heard of them. But I'm not sure if I can trust the General. For a company that says it's been around since the early 80's, I have a tough time finding credible records on them. So it makes me wonder.

4. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it's basically a fly by night type company. If you really can't afford any other insurance and your trying to just satisfy the legal requirement by having insurance it could work for you. God help you if you ever have to file a claim though.

5. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:

Sounds like you may know people that have experience with General Auto Insurance. I take it most of them had pretty bad experiences with it?