Has anyone here been to a Ross Dress for Less store?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Esperahol • May 14, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I notice that alot of the posters here do not like buying used clothing (which is why this thread isn't about Plato's Closet), but do want fairly low prices and good quality. Ross is a store that we have here which has alot of clothes (and some other things) that are generally very good quality, sometimes namebrand items that are reasonably priced. I'm not sure how spread out this chain is so it could be this is a regional brand or a fairly small chain. If anyone has been to one what did you think of the service? I don't really think their customer service is the best and I would prefer shorter lines, but considering I get most of my business/business casual items from this store I'm not going to complain too much.

2. Stephanie

StephanieMember

Threads:
    A lot of women go there to buy their undergarments. That section is always packed. I'm not crazy about Ross. I think of it as a not-so-nice TJ MAXX. I'll only pop in if I happen to be in the shopping plaza where it is located and have time on my hands. My problem with buying things there is that they tear up rather quickly.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I used to love the Ross near me and even chatted it up with the girls who worked there because I was such a frequent shopper. They told me that my store would get new clothes every Tuesday and they would hit the racks by Wednesday. Once I learned this tip, I was there every week looking for some good deals. I also love their bags. You can get some really cute purses for less than $20. They have amazing deals, but they have so much coming in and out that it is hard to keep sorted out. I know that if they had it a little more organized so many more people would be willing to dive in. I guess that's a good thing for me though because no one is grabbing the stuff I want!

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    It's great to hear that although now I wish I had thought of this before Mother's day which also happened to be my mother's birthday... Ah,well I still did okay.

5. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    Yes we have a Ross in Mobile, AL which is fairly close to me. I've gotten a ton of good deals in there but I do suggest people not trust the sizing labels in there. I've always found that their clothes tend to be irregular or mis-sized.

6. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I think Ross is a hit or miss. Some of them are nice and organized and have some good deals. But I have gone into others and they are a mess, and unorganized and always cleaned out of the good stuff. I prefer Marshalls and TJmaxx..... cuz its never ever the same place twice... oops sorry that was there commercial. It pops in my head everytime I hear tjmaxx.... lolz

7. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    We are getting a Ross later on this year! I'm looking forward to shopping there and heard a lot of good, and not so good, things about it. I guess you have to have patience to work your way through the rack in order to find stuff that you want. Knowing my hometown though, we'll probably get the crappy items that can't sell in other locations, lol! We do have a Gabriel Bros, Marshall's, TJ Maxx and a Burlington. I like Burlington, but Gabes you really have to pick through because most of the stuff has holes, marks, etc.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love shopping at Ross Dress for Less, but they are not all created equal. Some of stores are much better than others. It's really a great place to pick up a really nice purse and shoes. I do like Burlington Coat Factory better.

9. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I shop at Ross once in a while. They do have very good deals. The only reason why I don't go there more is because I'm not much of a clothes shopper to begin with and I don't like browsing and digging around for bargains. With the Ross in town that's what you'd have to do. It's a bit disorganized so you actually have to hunt the stuff down, something I don't enjoy. But if you have the time and inclination it's a good place to find nice brands for cheap.

10. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I guess I don't really have a problem with my Ross, because it is very clear and pretty well organized. Also its pretty large in size so that helps versus the little, bitty Gamestop next door which is alway packed and leaves me somewhat claustrophobia.

11. mecallatress

mecallatressNew Member

Threads:
    I have shopped in ross many times. The only real problem i have with them is the men's section. I could not buy my boyfriend anything good!

12. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy shopping at Ross's. I usually go to the clearance sections where I tend to find items at dirt cheap prices. I also like to shop for kids clothes and purses there as well.

13. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We have Ross stores here in the Pacific NW and you can get some really good deals on name brand clothing there. It can be difficult to find them sometimes but when you do, you can save a lot of money. You can also find really good prices on household items there as well. We recently got a TJ Maxx but it is not as big as Ross so there isn't much selection there. Ross does need better customer service but it isn't the worst in town.

14. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I shop at Ross when I just want some around the house clothes. Something to paint the house or just lounge around in for the weekend. I know they're not the best store for clothes, but they do have good prices. I found a Ross store within walking distance from my house, so I check in from time to time. I recently bought a couple of pairs of pants, and shirts for there. The total was under a $100, so that's a deal for me.

15. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    We have many Ross' here in South Florida. The only issue is that down here it is such a popularly used store that when you go you have to come mentally and physically prepared. The store is ALWAYS a mess with everything out of order; you'll find a bra in a kitchen pot, lingerie in the linen section, shoes in the home goods section - all sizes are out of place! This is not the fault of the workers but rather the people who shop there just don't care and they will grab anything in one aisle and leave it in another aisle when they change their mind about the purchase. Over all though - if you can stand the mess and take a few shoves from people who crowd the aisles you can defintely find what you are looking for. Patience is key!

16. alid1

alid1New Member

Threads:
    There are Ross stores everywhere I go. I like to go to Ross, as long as there are not a lot of people rummaging around. Sometimes, if you go in there and it is crowded, you feel like you are at a swap meet! I like that you can get pants and shorts for a good inexpensive price, but the shoes are less than desirable. The shoe area is always a mess. I wish they carried jewelry like Burlington Coat Factory. I have never seen a very happy employee there, but they are in a very busy store cleaning up after everyone. You can't expect perky people in that environment. All in all, the prices are very affordable, and there are good finds.

17. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I go there to Ross sometimes if I am looking for a specific item. But other than that I'd rather not because of how slow they are for checking you out and the line is so long. I sometimes just put the stuff back and just walk out because they need more customer service in there store. I use to love there purses but they don't seem to have any that catches my eye any more.

18. markhanah

markhanahNew Member

Threads:
    Ross dress for less is such famous and fantastic department stores. Many time I like to shopping here and many online store provide such best design with discount offer, free shipping service on product. Here I get lots of info about ross dress for less.

19. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I used to shop at Ross when my daughter told me about the great prices they were having. At first it was fun, but over time I began to notice the deals were not always there and the selection was very spotty. There are a lot of clothes, but often it is one item in one size. It reminded me of a thrift store, but with new clothes. I have since changed to T J Maxx, where there is a larger selection with a wider selection of sizes. The prices at Ross are excellent, though.