Has anyone participated in cyber monday?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by dkramarczyk • Mar 30, 2012.

1. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    I mainly stick to the day after Thanksgiving Black Friday sales. I prefer being able to purchase something and receive it right away. But I was wondering if I could hear some of your stories about Cyber Monday so I can decide if I might save more money participating in that. I've heard that Amazon.com has had quite a lot of decent deals. How much did you save on your Cyber Monday shopping?

2. Dude

DudeMember

Threads:
    Personally, I usually sleep all through Cyber Monday because I'm still exhausted from Black Friday (it takes me a while to get back to normal...I love sleeping!). If I do get anything, it's usually not that big, as shipping costs online are going up and up and up.

3. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    Yes! I really like Cyber Monday a lot. While I have fun Black Friday shopping, there are some things I missed or forgot to get on the friday sales. I will then scout out a few upcoming sales on that monday the weekend before. Often times you can score on free shipping as well as the low prices. I really like the convenience of shopping online as well as the lack of crowds and the crazy early morning hours. Cyber Monday sales usually last all day so I don't feel the need to rush through my purchases.

4. Haliegh

HalieghNew Member

Threads:
    Yep, I love Cyber Monday. I can't stand being out in the crowds on Black Friday... I went to Target once at midnight for a Black Friday and it was packed full of people. They'd rearranged the whole store layout and the line to check out wound all the way around the store. :eek: Even though websites can be a pain and really slow on Cyber Monday when there's so much traffic, I much prefer staying in my jammies and waiting til midnight to snag the great deals :) I also love Amazon.com's deals, they have them all week.

5. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I think Cyber Monday and Black Friday are both things that happen in the United States. In Canada they are starting to bring it in, but nothing on the scale of the USA. The Uk as well doesn't have this type of thing. So I have never participated. From what I see on TV though, it seems terrifying!

6. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    It can get pretty bad sometimes. I really don't see why people go to such crazy extents with it. Sometimes they'll be freaking out about a deal that really isn't that great of a deal. Anyways, I really do enjoy Black Friday because I get such a rush from feeling like I have to run around to get what I want on sale. I just love physically shopping in general. I usually don't care for online shopping too much because I hate waiting for my order to arrive. But hey, if the deal is good or if it's something that you can't really get any other way, then I'm all for online shopping.

7. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    I perfer Cyber Monday over Black Friday. I hate the crowds in the stores on Black Friday. The first, and only, year I participated in Black Friday was crazy. There were grown women fighting over toys. You could barely walk around, or look at anything. Plus waiting outside for 4 hours just was not for me. I have only done Cyber Monday since then.

This past year I saved a lot of money. I would say around $500 off the orginal prices. Amazon is one of my favorites because they truly do have a lot of decent deals. I didn't think Wal-Mart was that good this year. I was able to get a lot of really good deals from ToysRUs, Under Armor, and Adidas for my children. Another place that normally has some pretty good deals for women is Bath and Body works. They normally have a huge tote full of items for around $20 if you spend $40. Given that all of their stuff is also on sale, you can really stock up for the females on your list.

Another huge advantage now is that Cyber Monday is became Cyber Week this past year. I hope they continue to do that. I was able to get a lot of really good deals because stores were advertising items for different days of the week. This was by far better than standing in any line for hours. Most sites also offer free shipping during Cyber Monday, and that is a huge savings in itsself.

8. Collin1000

Collin1000Member

Threads:
    Black Friday is way too crazy for me, and I've found that some of the Cyber Monday sales are equally as good, if not better, than Black Friday sales, as retailers try to get rid of any inventory they didn't sell on Black Friday.

9. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I am sure I saw people die at Black Friday! I am sure you are right, dkramarczyk. Some people go wild because its 75% off, when in fact last week it was actually cheaper, and they just put the price up to create a "deal".

I don't think I have ever wanted something that much in my life, I would participate. Although I do agree, I love shopping! I get a rush from going into the shops and looking for bargains.

10. Germs

GermsMember

Threads:
    I took advantage last year for the first time, got a few good deals on parts from scan, brilliant website for hardware in the UK.

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't participate in Black Friday at all, but I have Cyber Monday. It's important to pay attention to what deals are going to be coming and what you -actually- need or want to give as gifts. It's so easy to want to overbuy if you don't have a plan in place.

12. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I love cyber Monday. I don't like crowds, so I don't do Black Friday. I don't care for standing in long lines and fighting the crowds. I know that my mom, my sisters and my daughter enjoy Black Friday and they get some great deals. Personally, I prefer cyber Monday. I have found some excellent deals. One of my best deals that I found was at Kids R Us online. I found a kid's SuperYard gate for my granddaughter at an excellent price. This gate was excellent to keep my granddaughter confined when she played. It was also great when I had my daughter's dog here to keep her confined. The deal was an awesome deal. I would recommend cyber Monday.

13. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    It is awesome!!! You can shop awesome deals without leaving your bed :) Other websites have actually made weekly monday specials as a sort of spin off to Cyber Mondays. Amazon.com has specials every Monday on a different category each time. If you watch for a few Mondays you can catch incredible specials on electronics, home appliances and even automotive maintenence supplies.

14. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, have the time I'm so tapped out from Black Friday that I don't have enough money to get anything really worth it on Cyber Monday

15. SpYkz

SpYkzMember

Threads:
    I have never heard of Cyber Monday until today. After reading this thread I checked Wikipedia and will definitely be looking out for specials on December the 3rd. Here in South Africa we don't have Black Friday or Cyber Tuesday so I guess I'll be shopping on amazon and ebay on the next Black Monday.

16. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I was planning on participating this year since Black Friday has been a major turn-off for me for the last few years. The craziness of the crowds that turn up during Black Friday is too much for me to handle. I've heard that you can get some great deals on electronics on Cyber Monday so that's what I'm going to be hunting for.

17. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I vastly prefer Cyber Monday over Black Friday. One year I participated in Black Friday and I had to wait over an hour in line, right at the midnight opening, just to get into the darn store. And that was one of the shorter lines. I walked by Coach and the line from there stretched out to the stores a couple hundred feet ahead.

With Cyber Monday, I just avoid the mayhem and enjoy the sales from the comfort of my own home.

18. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    We don't have anything like Black Friday and Cyber Monday here in the UK. We have sales but they are not a big deal and not a particularly special day. I have heard stories from others who live in the States that Black Friday can be pretty frightening and you have to get in and get out if you want to get what you need without being squished.

19. Akiyama

AkiyamaNew Member

Threads:
    I remember last year Cyber Monday I saved around $200 on a Hp laptop that usually went for $800 at walmart but I happened to get 1 of the last 2 in stock. So yes there are some pretty good deals on that day but you may have to do a bit of research beforehand because the best deals usually sell out pretty fast. As for Amazon, they have a lot of good deals as well but the issue with them is depending on your preferences you actually may not be interested in too many of the deals they offer.

20. koelha10

koelha10Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I wouldn't focus too much on Cyber Monday. I noticed the last few years that the best online deals were on Black Friday or the week of Black Friday. Amazon.com for example had some insanely good deals all week and the day of. Be careful buying before the actual Black Friday though, I have seen popular items drop in price by as much as $50 more on the day of Black Friday.