Has anyone purchased Chromecast?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by True2marie • Dec 21, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:

is the latest gizmo for streaming movies and TV. I am thinking of purchasing it because the price is so low ($35). I am wondering, though, if Chromecast works well.

Have any of you purchased Chromecast?

[​IMG]

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't purchased Chromecast yet. I only recently found out about it. I was over a friends place where we were able to watch Sherlock via Chromecast. It was awesome. It does work with the the Chrome browser. I'm not a fan of that browser, but it's totally worth it to be able to use Chromecast.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Not yet, I am watching most of my TV right off of my computer - my main television is still in storage until I move again. I may consider it once I move though, since I was previously copying everything over to my USB drive then plugging that into my streaming media player to transfer movies to my TV, but it is rather annoying. I would rather just stream right off my computer to my television.

I'm surprised that TV's just don't come with it embedded in them these days, like they do with stuff like Netflix support.

4. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes. I have purchased the chromecast, and i firmly recommend it you, and everybody else. I was amazed at how well the Chromecast worked. For such a small device it has a lot of features. All you have to do is plug it into the HDMI port of your TV. Then set up a media server form your computer. Then you will be able to stream High Definition content to your TV through the Chromecast. You can also use Netflix, and other apps of that sort.