Has anyone seen Argo?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by jleadbet • Oct 17, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I don't get to the movies often, but this one caught my attention, and I wonder if its worth seeing. I like movies based on actual events and its supposed to have some humor too. I'm a fan a John Goodman, and I can't remember the last movie he was in. I wondered if anyone has seen it, and would you recommend it?

2. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    What genre is it? It is a based on a true story type? I'll be looking it up in my movie database site, if good I'll get back to you on this thread!

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen it. It had some intense moments and had some quirky scenes but I was ultimately bored. The critics love it however, I just don't have a connection with the film. Yes, it has some historical relevance but I never really dug all the retro style. Honestly, I found the movie mediocre at best.

4. WitchyPop

WitchyPopMember

Threads:
    We saw it on the weekend and really enjoyed it. Even though we knew the outcome the ending had us on the edge of our seats. If you do end up watching it, make sure you watch to the very end while the credits are rolling as they show the photos of the people the actors are playing - some of them are a good match. Of course since you first posted this the movie won an Oscar so guess a lot of people liked it!

5. JPDunlap

JPDunlapNew Member

Threads:
    I'd say it was the best motion picture of the year, and it deserved all the Oscars it won. It was probably the best work of Ben Affleck's career to date. There isn't a person I know who I haven't recommended this movie. :D