Has Anyone Tried A Pushup Bra?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by suegiplaye • Aug 2, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was using ComfortChoice, but they're more for around the house, and don't give much support. I'm o.k. with that around the house, for the most part, and running out to check the mail or do yard work, but if I'm actually going out to the store or elsewhere, I wear the posture bras, which aren't necessarily as comfortable, but look much better under clothing.

@Briannagodess@Briannagodess Do the Hanes give you enough support, and do they fit true to size? I'm in the market for some now, so I'm glad @suegiplaye@suegiplaye started this thread, and we got on into this conversation. The posture bras I mentioned were also ComfortChoice, and they do run pretty true to size, although next time I'm ordering a size lower in the band, since they seem to stretch out slightly at the bottom.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This misconception - especially amongst women themselves - about breast is so upsetting to me. Breasts are only secondary sexual organs, and their primary function is to breast feed, which is why the average breast hangs the way that they do. I just hate how in our society, we've adopted the idea that if it is not visually appealing to men, then it is not good or it is to be gotten rid of, especially when we were designed a certain way for a certain reason, and that is being ignored in favor of something so shallow.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't use a push up bra as it forces your breasts into an unnatural position which will eventually contribute to sagging. I only ever wear a bra when it's absolutely necessary. I do special exercises to keep my body toned and fit, and that includes my chest. Personally, I think that, if you have small breasts, it's a lot more appealing to wear no bra at all than trying to draw attention to them by forcing them upwards.

4. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Honestly, if my breasts were small, I probably would wear the lovely very lightweight soft and comfy bras, if anything. They're prettier, are certainly less expensive, and can be purchased in most shops, as well as online. I wish I could wear them.

However, big breasts are heavy, and tend to pull the upper body forward. My neck and back feel more supported and ache a lot less when I wear the posture bras. I obviously have never weighed my breasts, but to me, it feels as if I'm carrying two 5 or more pound weights around, when I'm not wearing a good supportive bra.

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I think the ComfortChoice brand is not available here in our country. I know having scoured every place in our local mall lol. Yes the Hanes non wire bras give me support! I am actually breastfeeding my son so my boobs are quite large now. I used to wear nursing bras but they are super lousy when it comes to support. I used my mom's Hanes bra one time and found it comfortable even if it was one size smaller than me. I bought an appropriate size next time and loved it more. It gives support, form and is very comfortable. I also buy during sales so it is very affordable too.

6. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    Push up bra's are a joke on me. I'm full figured, so I don't need an assistance there. But those things give me so much cleavage that I literally look like I'm carrying a couple of melons in my shirt. They just don't work for me.

7. Diane Lane

Threads:
    @Briannagodess@Briannagodess I have friends who still wear nursing bras years after, because they're comfy. Obviously there's a market for comfortable bras, and even better if they look pretty and provide a decent amount of support. That's definitely what I want, as long as they're affordable. I'll check into Hanes, since you're so happy with them, thanks!

8. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    The best, most comfortable bras I have ever found is 5$ at the Dollar general. They're comfortable and give me just the right amount of cleavage. And it looks really naturl. And my favorite is black with pink polka dots.

9. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    Is a pushup bra the one with the underwire? If yes, then it really enhances your chest area. And by enhance I mean it makes your boobs look bigger and the clothes you wear actually look better on you. However, in terms of comfort, I'd give it a 3/5 rating. It's not very comfortable because it's relatively tighter than the regular bra. There are also times when the wire pokes out from the fabric of the bra and it hurts so much :(

10. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I may be way off, but I thought push up bras have extra padding in the bottom, outside area of the cups. But if you do it right, you can get the same results from using a cheaper , regular bra that is just a little smaller than your size. Its a little less comfortable, but really works in a pinch.

11. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I have the same problem, the only time I had cleavage was when I pregnant or nursing. I've tried a push up bra many years ago. I found the wire uncomfortable. I do like padded bras but ones without the wire or pushup factor. I think it gives you a more natural look. Push up bras are usually quite expensive too. I buy my favourite Playtex bra when it goes on sale.

12. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    I think almost all of my bras are push up bras. I really LOVE push up bras. They are indeed my favorite bras to wear! I love how they make my boobs lifted. I think it is really comfortable. WELL when I am not eating, when I am eating they seem to give me chest pains. But I think that is just me, with my way of eating. But I do not know, it could be because it is too tight. I have a couple of shirts with push up bras attached to them; it still gives a lift without being too tight. So they get thumbs up for sure! I have come to like push up bras more than padded bras. I prefer push up bras because I am not looking for a size increase like padded bras. I used to want more size in my boobs, but now I am alright with them. When I was not alright with them I loved padded bras more. But being alright with them now, I have given padded bras the cold shoulder. I will continue to buy push up bras instead!

13. MyPoesies

MyPoesiesMember

Threads:
    I don't think having big boobs has nothing to do with if you can wear a pushup or not. I have 44D's (Big Titty Committee, I guess lol) and I have no problem wearing underwire or pushup bras. That's actually what I wear most of the time. It's either a pushup or a sports bra. Yes, BTC's can wear sport bras too. ;) If you're talking about price, I can't stand paying $40+ for a push up bras when sport bras are like $10 for a 3 pack. No sagging here!

14. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I'm a 36D and I absolutely love push up bras... as long as they are made well. The fit of a bra is everything, and sometimes I don't think you can quite get the quality that your breasts deserve out of just some Walmart bra.

Personally, I almost exclusively shop at Aerie. You can get fitted, or you can do what I did and just play the guessing game until you find the size that fits you perfectly. They can get kind of expensive, but they are constantly having BOGO free sales or all bras $20 and under sales. So, wait it out for one of those.

15. cnt422

cnt422New Member

Threads:
    I'm closer to a D cup than a B so I don't have much use for a push up bra. But I have accidentally bought them from time to time. They're pretty comfortable, at least the ones i bought, and they do give the illusion of more... substance in the chest area. They're probably rally good for the smaller end of the spectrum as well.

16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh @Diane Lane, you can definitely say that again! I HATE, hate, hate under wire bras with a passion! The wire always pokes out after a while. It digs into my skin and rubs so bad. It's not only painful, but because my skin scars and discolours with the slightest of trauma, I'm left with uneven skin around that area....grrr!!! I just keep thinking, having made bras for so long, has the industry not found ways of preventing the wire popping out?! I'm so glad to hear of the new styles, I'll have to look into that. Thanks Diane :)

17. tiffaninichole

tiffaninicholeMember

Threads:
    I don't need one at all, but I tried one on a few months ago to be silly. I'm actually a D cup, so you can imagine how crazy I looked when I put that bra on. :p Hubby loved it, of course, but I felt so inappropriate. Like I should be on the cover of Playboy or something instead of baking brownies for my kids. Ha!

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a couple of push-up bras that were given to me, and they do push the boobs up and empasize on the cleavage, but since I am an A cup I don't wear it often. I would say that it is an effective way of making your boobs look bigger than they really are.

19. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I'm also a 32B but I have never worn pushup bras before. I have worn sports bras for gym class in high school though. I know one person who is big chested and told me she used to wear 2 sports bras for gym class. I even have a couple of bras that let me take the straps off so I can go strapless. I love wearing the wire bras. If I wear a bra without the wire it looks like I'm not wearing a bra at all.