Has anyone tried Wen shampoo

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by milyjohnson • Sep 8, 2014.

1. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought Wen recently because I have been seeing tje infomercial so much so I took a chance and bought. I couldn't wait to try it. I used it and I wasn't really satisfied with the results. My hair wasn't shiny the way that he said in the commercial. I also didn't get everything that was supposed to help. Did anyone else have the same problem that I did?

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen their adds over and over but I am not convinced. The way they advertise is a red flag to me, so I have not purchased their products. I have used enough brands of shampoo in my life to know that there really is no miracle product. They are fairly pricey even when they claim to be giving you such a deal, so I don't think it's worth it.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always wondered this too, but as I rarely use conditioner and I get through bottles of shampoo, I never thought it would be cost effective for me unless it really made a difference.
    I never trust the free gift speech and often it's something I don't need. I guess they think and hope people can't be bothered to send things back if they don't like it and they make their money already.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Some of the reviews I read of their products indicated that there are two different companies manufacturing Wen shampoos, and one of them is better than the other. I think there are two different formulas out there for the products, and one is meant to be mass produced more cheaply which is why it wasn't working as well. But I cannot remember where you get the good one from and where the bad version is being sold. I think they mentioned something about the one ordered from TV is the bad one, and the one you get in salons in person is the good stuff. Or maybe it was online. I would do some reading up first before you order.

Plus there were some complaints with them about auto-shipping more products and charging people every month unexpectedly - but that's to be expected these days from just about every infomercial product.

5. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    My mother absolutely loves the styling lotion and the volumizer. However, the "cleansing conditioner" which is what they call the shampoo takes some getting used to. First you wet your hair, then add the product then add a little water to be able to lather. It does not truly foam like other products. It has a menthol in it which tingles. The ad says "this lets you know it is working"... NO, it lets you know they added mint to the product! After you rinse that out, you then use the same product again, but this time use a wide tooth comb to be sure to untangle your hair and allow the product to be evenly distributed. Then it tells you to clip it up and leave it for at least five minutes. Which is fine if you are in the shower and wash the rest of you, shave your legs, etc. It also says the longer you leave it, the better. Then after you rinse out, it says to put another dab as a leave in conditioner. In reality, this is just like using shampoo, conditioner, then a leave in. But my mother read the bottle then threw it and said, "I want to clean my hair, not have a relationship with it".

I used it, following the directions as above, and it did not make my hair soft or shiny at all. It did have a lot more volume than I normally do, but it truly made my hair feel like straw. And it did not feel as though it was evenly distributed.

6. kwriter93

kwriter93Member

Threads:
    I personally don't like it. I'm a certified cosmetologist and I will tell you your regular drug store shampoos will work better than Wen. I definitely don't think it's worth the price tag, you can buy much better shampoo from a salon for the same price. I guess it kind of depends on the type of hair you have. I can see it working better on medium to coarse hair much better than fine. If you have fine hair, I wouldn't recommend it. I have fine hair and I absolutely hated it. It weighed my hair down and made it appear greasy; it felt completely gross. I also don't like that it didn't lather, I get that that's kind of the point, but it's worse when you actually put it to the test. It doesn't feel like it cleans at all.

7. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I was considering buying this shampoo and now I probably won't after reading these reviews. It's too pricey to take the risk and I don't want to deal with returning it if I don't like it. I doubt they'd accept a return anyway.

8. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    If they offered free samples I would love to try it. I can't blindly buy a bottle of shampoo because I never know how I'm going to react to it. I have a very sensitive scalp and I can only use certain shampoos. Plus, like someone else stated, it seems a bit too expensive and too much of a risk. Again, they should give free samples and allow people to try it if it's so good. The product would speak for itself.

9. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I would see Wen hair commercials all the time when I would stay up late watching television, or if I would just randomly have the T.V. on. I would watch it and think "that's so much crap" because I knew that there was no way that it could do all the things they were claiming it did. I do think that it may be a really good shampoo and it will at least have your hair smelling great, but that was the first time I ever saw someone asking for payments for a shampoo products. I really don't think Wen is worth is, just get a regular shampoo and hope for the best.

10. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this. I used Head and Shoulders and then moved on to Dove Shampoo. I started using Dove after I got samples in the mail and took a liking to it. That is a very important marketing tool. You have to spend money to make money.

And I am part of a handful of sites that give away samples and freebies through the mail and I have never heard of Wen.

11. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I think whether Wen works and how well depends on your hair type and hair care practices. My sister, who has straight hair that tends towards greasy, washes it daily, and uses a lot of styling products tried Wen and HATED it.

I on the other hand have thicker wavy/curly hair. I never use heat on it and don't use styling products. I wash and go. AND I only wash 2-3 times a week. I used to do the no-poo thing even for a while. I LOVE the Wen and the way it makes my hair feel. I think it's worth the price and considering what I don't spend on styling products and such, I'm still spending less than my sister on hair care. When you consider that a lot of the time, I can find it at a lower price on craigslist from someone who tried it and hated it, I'm saving even more.

12. downsouth

downsouthMember

Threads:
    I had to google this to see what it was. This company needs to advertise more and get their name out there because my wife has not even heard of it and she is pretty up to date with hair products.

13. XLS

XLSMember

Threads:
    "The ad says "this lets you know it is working"... NO, it lets you know they added mint to the product!" I don't know you from a whole in the wall but reading this part I somehow could hear the voice attached. lol Sounds like Alma products which smell like the wax used on your legs. I have been wanting to try this product but reading everyone's post I don't think I'm going to waste my money on a product that clearly does not have good reviews anywhere.

14. bsthebenster

bsthebensterNew Member

Threads:
    Wen only works for particular hair types. I prefer Wen cleansing conditioner for my very dry brittle hair. Regular shampoo strips the moister out of my hair unlike Wen. I can imagine it being too much for hair that has a smooth cutical and won't absorb moisture as well. I've heard of some horror story's with people using Wen. I haven't had any bad experiences with it myself. One downside is that it can get pretty pricey after a while because I end up using so much of the product.

15. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried Wen, but I think that is one of the products you can get on Inbox dollars and get credit for trying, like a certain amount of money back from Inbox Dollars. I know that Madison Reed has a trial set up like that. I am not going to pay 30 dollars or whatever it is for a bottle of shampoo, no matter how good it is.

16. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    My sister had a bad experience with it. My daughter's hair doesn't do well with it either and ends up looking greasy. Mine feels great when using the Wen though. I agree that it's super-important to consider your hair type. Wen does NOT work well for all hair types. Also consider what other products you use on your hair. Unless you use Wen for everything, mixing other products with the Wen can create ...less than ideal... results because the Wen can't clear out the buildup from conventional products as well as conventional shampoo.The Wen is designed not to strip hair. It's a feature but that feature only works if there isn't much on your hair that you need to get out.

17. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:That's too bad that it hasn't worked the way you wanted it to. I've seen the commercials too and I wondered about this shampoo. I didn't know about the good one and bad one too :eek: that ohiotom76 mentioned. Good to know about Wen products.

18. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I saw the ad a while back and was considering buying it. Before I bought it I did some research online and found what most people are saying here. It's not worth the money you pay for it and it doesn't do what it claims. In fact one review I read said Wen made her hair fall out. Right then and there I decided I'd stick with drug store shampoo. I'm so glad there are places like this to help people make informed decisions.

19. MzMichaele

MzMichaeleNew Member

Threads:
    I kept seeing the commercials and wanted to try the product, as well. My friend tried it and gave me a little of hers. I love the smell, but it is expensive for the amount that it suggests you use, depending on the length and fullness of your hair. I also can attest that it is not for all hair types. I have modified my usage of it to fit my hair type.
    M friends hair is full and dry. It works well for her. She only has to use it weekly. When she does, she has to pump about 6-7 pumps into her hand and massage it through her hair, leaving it in for about 7 to 15 minutes, depending on wether she is taking a bathor a shower. Then she reapplies for softness and leaves it in for five minutes.
    My hair is thin and oily so I can get away with washing my hair with a regular shampoo and then using WEN as a conditioner that I leave in while I take my shower. Once a month I will wash my hair with WEN to clean the shampoo residue out, otherwise, I just use 3-5 pumps and don't massage it into my scalp, I use it mostly on the shafts of my hair.

20. elnory09

elnory09New Member

Threads:
    This is exactly why I am so picky about my beauty products. I would be completely disheartened it I bought something I saw advertised and it didn't work as it said. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but this is definitely not something I'm going to try.