Has anyone used Aveeno body lotion?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by mark500 • Jul 25, 2012.

1. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I have used Aveeno face lotion before, and it worked well. It had a very light scent and it brightened my skin. I love Aveeno products, but I have found more natural body products are more affordable prices elsewhere.

2. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried their body lotion, but I have tried both their facial moisturizer and their facial cleansers. I really liked them. They seemed higher quality and lightweight (not at all oily like some moisturizers, yuck, but it also did moisturize well). I would recommend trying it.

3. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    I like it because I have sensitive skin. Someone who just has regular skin might not appreciate it because it's supposed to be very gentle and delicate. The lotion is pretty good, but I am a huge fan of their facial products. I just wish they weren't so expensive!

4. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    My sister uses it and she thinks it's great and worth the cost. The one time I tried using Aveeno I had a serious allergic reaction with my face being all blotchy, red and itchy for an entire week. I prefer using St. Ives products.

5. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I have used many Aveeno products, including lotion, bath and face products. They are great for sensitive skin. During the dry winter months, my skin needs something more intense. Last year I used a lotion called cerave and it worked very well. I have seen a lot of commercials for Palmer's and might try that also. Aveeno is good, but you might need something stronger.

6. kristyleann

kristyleannMember

Threads:
    I've used it and I really like it a lot. I like that it doesn't feel greasy when you use it like a lot of lotions do. I don't have to keep reapplying it over and over either (it seems most lotions don't keep your skin moisturized very long).

7. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    Aveeno lotion works great for dry skin. I have used it a few times but money is a little tight these days so I now find it expensive. But I have to say that Aveeno is really good. It thoroughly moisturizes your skin and leaves you feeling great. You can definitely check how it works for you.

8. jpfm25

jpfm25New Member

Threads:
    I have been using this product for 7 years. It is a bit expensive but it is worth it. Aveeno has made my skin smoother and it is great for wind burns. I was advised by my aunt to try it out for my wind burn and it disappeared in less than 24 hours. Since then, I have never used any other brand.

9. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    My sister has had dry skin issues as well especially in the winter months. She did use Aveeno lotion and thought it worked effectively. However, she also discovered that using a cream instead of a lotion works quite well for dry skin. She now uses a cocoa butter cream that she found at a dollar store that works just as effectively if not better then the Aveeno lotion.

10. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I've used the Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing lotion. I love that it gets absorbed by the skin fast and that your skin looks hydrated immediately. It really works well for very dry skin and does not feel greasy at all. This is great because you can use it doing winter as well as the hot summer months. Its fragrance free which some people love but I like my lotion with a bit of soothing fragrance like lavander or vanilla since I apply body lotion after my bath before I go to bed. Since my skin is extra sensitive I can also assure you that your skin won't feel itchy or develop rashes when you use this product.

11. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have used many products from this company and this is one of those products that I really recommend to my good friends.
    Aveeno is a company that has the buyer in mind so all the products are created for sensitive skin which is one of the things that hot me interested in this company. I love the quality so I would definitely repurchase it again.
    The price point is also perfect!

12. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    I like Aveeno products too and mostly they are worth it. One good thing about the moisturising lotion is that it does not dry out even after half an hour, something that happens to me with most lotions. Another body lotion that I use and really love is Curel. I feel that it can almost instantly cure my dry skin. I've used it when I had really dry and flaky skin and the very next day, I had moist skin again. Aveeno and Curel are my favourite over the counter brands definitely.

13. cinderr

cinderrMember

Threads:
    I'm with you on that--it's too expensive for me, as well. I like it but don't love it enough to pay extra.

14. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I have tried Aveeno. It wasn't remarkable nor was it of poor quality. It is a run of the mill, regular lotion without any distinction. I would give it a 6 out of 10. I remember that it was priced reasonably well.

15. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I like the Aveeno product line. I use their soap, clear complexion foaming cleanser, and their body lotion. The soap does not dry out my skin, but it leaves my skin feeling cleaned, refreshed, and moisturized. I use the foaming cleanser on my face during my nighttime routine. It safely removes my make-up while clearing up my skin and preventing breakouts. The body lotion feels light, non-greasy leaving my skin feeling refreshed.
    For those on a budget, CVS sometimes has buy 2 Aveeno products for the price of one. Then I also add my CVS Reward money or coupon to the purchase. This greatly reduces the price, and I usually stock up on several Aveeno items.

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nah, using oils is healthier and cheaper.

17. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    The Aveeno Oatmeal lotion was the only thing that helped my daughter's eczema. It was worth the extra cost to me at that time. We did start seeing a generic equivalent for a lot less that did just as well as the Aveeno did. If your are lucky, you may be able to find a generic brand. Another good lotion that we have found is made by Suave. Their Advanced Therapy lotion so far has been working out very well for us and it is a really good buy.

18. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I've only tried Aveeno facial moisturizers with spf and not body lotions, so I'm afraid I'm of no help there. As for your dry skin situation, might I suggest skin care brands such as Aquaphor, Eucerin, or Cetaphil? I hear they're great for hydrating one's skin and locking in moisture. Has anyone else tried one or all three of these brands? What do you think?

19. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Aveeno is great for dry skin, moisturizes without a heavy greasy feel. It is more than the average moisturizer but I know people who have used it for years and have great young looking skin. There are coupons if you keep your eyes peeled and even check on line. Thumbs up one of the best of the moisturizers out there.

20. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy Aveeno's products. I used their body lotion, I really liked it. It's lightweight but still moisturizes well. I also love Aveeno's face scrub and face creams. This brand is specially great for people with allergies or sensitive skin!