Hats' off?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by MrsJones • Dec 2, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    You know, I had heard some time ago that you lose a lot of body heat from the head. Now, I'm a person, with the exception of faith, that I have to see it to believe it. I believed it when I was watching the news. There was a newsperson doing interviews at a gas station and the camera zoomed in on this guy and I tell you the steam that was coming off of his head made me a believer;)! But seriously, guys and gals you probably should be careful with no hat on during below freezing temps.

What are your thoughts? Anyone ever need to seek medical attention?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I come from a very hot place and never go out without wearing a hat, for obvious reasons. I like to wear hats that are made of fibers that can breathe, such as straw.
    In winter, which tend to be mild in our region, we still get cold nights, and on occasion even frost. So, during the cooler months, I always wear a woolen hat in bed to stay warm, and also to save on wood. :)

3. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    My house is generally warm. However, my basement is different. The floor is always cool. The rest is generally warm in the winter, and cool in the summer. My basement is where my office is located. I have to wear socks year round whenever I work in my office.
    When I go outside during winters, I must wear a hat, and a scarf. I would prefer to wear a coat/jacket that has a hood. The hood blocks out most of the cold wind.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in a tropical country, and I have never tried to wear hats yet when I go outside. Interesting trivia anyway. Over here, being warm isn't a necessity since there is no winter.