Have a bad experience with Netflix, Hulu or any other streaming services?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by chriswild1122 • May 17, 2013.

1. chriswild1122

chriswild1122New Member

Threads:
    I've been pretty happy with Netflix since signing up but I know some people who have vowed to never use it again. I'm trying to determine if there's going to be any surprise costs or loopholes in the near future - right now I think $7.99 a month is a pretty good deal. I've heard more complaints about Hulu Plus because they include ads with their service even though you pay a monthly fee but perhaps the overall selection is better. Your thoughts?

2. blowx3

blowx3New Member

Threads:
    I have both hulu and Netflix and ive had them for a while and I love them. 9ve never had a problem with either of them and I don't see what could be wrong with them. I think they're both amazing with a large selection and for a cheap price too. im sure if they did have a problem with it, itd be like a minor one such as seasons might have missing episodes or even hulu having ads lol idk

3. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I've not had much exposure to them, since I usually rely on the free services. I have to say that I've not had any problems though. The streaming is much more reliable than the free versions and there's a good selection. My only issue is that for Hulu at least, I need to use a VPN because it's region-locked.

4. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I could never subscribe to Hulu Plus. In fact, I used to visit Hulu on a daily basis, it was my television. But, I haven't spent any time there in about a year. I lost interest because of the ridiculous amount of commercials. I hear that the commercials are still bad even after paying for the service!

Another thing that really bothered me about Hulu was how the volume was not regulated between the content being viewed and the commercials. Some of the commercials were so much louder than the normal content that you had to dive for the volume control to turn it down. I wouldn't recommend anyone watch Hulu while using headphones.

Maybe they've finally addressed these issues? I don't care anymore, I've moved on.

5. jilliansorenson

jilliansorensonNew Member

Threads:
    I have Netflix streaming and Hulu Plus. I am often disappointed with Netflix not carrying movies I would like to watch. Hulu is good for some shows. I also have Amazon Prime. I don't know why I keep all these services, I don't use them very often. I should probably unsubscribe. On the other hand, you are right, the subscription price is a good deal.

6. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I love Netflix and dislike Hulu! We've had Netflix in my house since Christmas (when we got a Wii to use it on!) and got Hulu a few months later. As far as I'm aware, there haven't been any hidden fees with either. I just prefer Netflix! I've never found anything I personally want to watch on Hulu, whereas I have a lot more selection of things that interest me on Netflix. I also don't like the set-up of Hulu on Wii. I'm sure it's different on different devices, but it's a pain in my side the way I have to use it! I would cancel the Hulu service altogether, but someone else in the house pays for it. I'm not sure why, as it maybe gets used once a month. We all use Netflix daily.

7. kkat846

kkat846New Member

Threads:
    I have Netflix and Hulu Plus. I love Netflix and I'm considering getting rid of my Hulu Plus subscription. I got it originally because it had some shows I wanted to watch that Netflix didn't(in particular the show Community). I think Hulu is good if you don't have a TV subscription because you can watch recent episodes of shows, but otherwise it is hard to see the pluses of it. The ads are annoying and like limcid said, the audio regulation is weird. Another problem that I have had lately is I wanted to watch the new IFC show Maron, and saw it was on Hulu. I fired on my Playstation 3 to watch it, and was told that it was only available to watch online, not through the PS3.

One feature I do like with Hulu is that they allow you to put your account on hold for up to 3 months if you aren't using it and they won't charge you. I've done this multiple times now and just turn it on when I need it to watch something.

8. kmo1484

kmo1484New Member

Threads:
    Thats definitely my problem with Hulu Plus. The hubs and I had Netflix and Hulu Plus and just recently canceled Hulu Plus in large part due to the ads. We wanted to save a little money monthly, and when it came to choosing between the two it was a no-brainer. Netflix has a huge selection of shows and great movies, while Hulu Plus has great shows but very few good movies, AND they still make you watch those darn ads. I'd rather wait for shows to go to Netflix than keep paying to watch ads!

9. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had a bad experience with Netflix, Hulu or any of those. As of right now I have been using Netflix, which has always kept me satisfied and entertained. The only thing I could recommend is updating their services quicker.

10. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    I have had netflix for various years. I am very pleased with the streaming quality and the shows offered. Sometimes I wish they had seasons up to the last. That seems to lag. However, I am sure that it has to do with the network not wanting to release them.

Hulu has way too many commercials. When I have to cook and stuff that needs my constant attention, then I have no problem watching Hulu. I let the commercials play while I head to the kitchen.

11. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    We've always thoroughly enjoyed Netflix. The only problem we have had is when we are trying to stream to too many devices, which they have now changed their policies on. We generally do not get the DVDs and stick with their streaming service. They also have started making their own series, which have been awesome in quality. We tried Hulu for two months, but did not care for all the advertising and no longer carry their services. Because Netflix has become such a viable option, we no longer have cable.

12. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I like Netflix much better when it comes to movies. I recently started watching a couple shows on there too. Hulu Plus is okay for TV shows, but I don't like that some things on Hulu are "web" only so you can't watch them on your TV. I also don't like the selection of movies on Hulu at all. Oh and the only problem I have recently been having with Netflix is sometimes I can't get the movie/tv show to load on my laptop. I haven't had problems on my smart TV but for some reason it won't always load so good on the laptop. It says something is wrong with my internet connection but there should be no reason for that since I can do everything else on the internet. When I tried Amazon Prime for movies it didn't impress me too much. I also tried the new one by Redbox. "Redbox Instant" I believe it is called. Now that one gave me the most problems with streaming. I couldn't even watch it through X-box Live or my TV without it buffering every few minutes. A lot of people complained about the selection of movies but I actually thought that was comparable to Netflix and you got 4 free dvd's to rent from the actual red box so I wouldn't mind trying it again if it they figured out the streaming issues (which is a great deal and pretty much covers half the cost of Redbox instant per month right there). I haven't used it for a few months so may try it again soon.

13. radishes

radishesMember

Threads:
    Personally, I don't like Hulu because joining the site still means advertisements. That doesn't make any sense to me. People pay monthly to join streaming sites because they don't want commercials. Hulu has pretty good television shows but it's a shame that they still bombard you with commercials even when you pay. I've never had any problems with Netflix. I watch it on my phone, tablet, computer and laptop. It's perfect.

14. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have Hulu, but I have Netflix and I like their service. I have never had a problem with them. They are so cheap and I save so much money. Now, when I'm in the mood to watch a movie, I can just watch one from Netflix without renting from the video store or even having to leave my home. I do admit though, that sometimes their selection isn't all that great, but their selection does update and I usually see a few more movies or TV shows a week.

15. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    My experience with Hulu is very limited but I just didn't care for it as much as Netflix. I understand why people were initially upset with the way they handled things...and honestly I think it was more HOW they treated the whole situation/their customers that caused a problem, moreso than the actual choices and changes made. It makes a big difference to a lot of people how they perceive a company does/does not care about them and value their business. If they were to make a lot of changes in the future, I might just leave them behind altogether, but for now I agree with you, it's a good service for the price.

16. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    Netflix is pretty cool until you watch everything you'd like to and realize there's not much of any reason to keep the subscription. I loved it initially but after watching a series of movies and shows I intended to catch up on, I found little else that made me want to log on. I ended up cancelling. As for Hulu, it's just those doggone commercials! I know that those sponsors are what keeps Hulu afloat, but really? Commercials even if you purchase Hulu Plus? They have a great selection! Really they do but I don't see the point in paying if you still have to deal with those pesky commercials