Have Nothing To Wear

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by kitkat0124 • Jun 18, 2015.

1. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy shopping. May it be branded or not. Anything that catches my eyes or anything that look good or fits me perfectly will do. i also take advantage if there are sales. The problem is, no matter how many clothes I have, there are times wherein, it seem I have nothing to wear. I can't select something with everything I have. Does anyone here experience the same thing?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There were indeed a few occasions where I felt like I had nothing to wear even though I was staring at a closet full of clothes. Maybe it's not that I had nothing to wear. I simply thought that I already wore most of my clothes the previous weeks and it's always my rule never to wear the same clothes twice in three weeks. Along the way, I've learned the art of mix and match. Now I no longer feel as bothered about clothes as I used to be.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I used to, but I realized I had a lot of stuff in my wardrobe I didn’t really like anymore. I donated probably around half of it, if not more, then I started figuring out what I really like. I stick to that now. If something doesn’t fit my criteria, or at least coordinate with said criteria, I won’t buy it. I save a lot of money on clothes this way, and I find that I rarely feel like I have nothing to wear even though my wardrobe’s much smaller now.

I’m currently going through the same process with my makeup collection. I’m realizing there’s a lot of stuff I liked better in theory than in practice, so it’s just taking up space.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Probably something which affects the ladies more and a dandy or two maybe because they pay too much attention to fashion, what people will think of their dressing style and so on. I've never been someone who concerns himself too much with what people think about me, how I dress, etc. As long as I have the clothes, I will grab any and wear them except on special occasions that is when I could think maybe I don't have the right attire [for the occasion].

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A common problem and one I know only too well. I wouldn't even mind but I've actually got quite a lot of clothes and they all fit me so I suspect it's just boredom rather than anything else.

6. ImariFutari

ImariFutariMember

Threads:
    Oh, I know exactly how you feel - just a few months ago, I was going through this weird epidemic of having plenty of clothes (I kinda have less than the average person - but I definitely have at least enough combinations for a unique outfit for two weeks straight) but never being in the mood to wear them. I don't think it's that you feel like you have nothing to wear, it's that you don't feel like wearing any of it at the time. Our mood and the weather often dictates what we wear.

I eventually just stoppedcaring, and now I just wear any combination of a top and pants that feels comfortable :)

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also tend to wear the same thing over and over. But I do need to go shopping for some summer clothes real soon as it is getting hot and I have nothing to wear. What I have right now is for the cooler months.

8. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I go through the same thing when I haven't bought something in awhile. I will just look through my clothes and feel like there is nothing good to wear. Then I'll think to myself, well what have you been wearing? And I'll look through that and still hate all those clothes. It's just a never-ending cycle and I think that it happens to all of us. It happens to my sister all the time, but she will take my clothes. So, even if you have all the clothes in the world it will not be enough.