Have the recent incidents affected your will to travel?

Discussion in Travel started by daimashin • Aug 10, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, there have been quite a few tragedies regarding planes and the Ebola outbreak. Has any of this deter you from travelling to other places? Are you worried that these mishaps could happen to you if you so choose to leave the comfort of your country?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not really. Sure, we always need to be cautious of where we go and what diseases are strong in those places.... Might not be very smart to go so certain places in Africa right now. With that being said, I wouldn't let that stop me from traveling to where I want to go if those places are not having a direct outbreak... You could be unfortunate enough to get sick in your own country, it's kind of a matter of luck and destiny to me. If you will get sick, it will happen wherever you are.

3. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    I will be traveling to Britain in a few days, but the recent incidents haven't made me think twice about that flight...mostly because as far as I know there are no shoulder fired missiles in Greenland.

My apologies for offending anyone for making light of that unfortunate incident that has affected so many Dutch and international citizens, but ultimately, we shouldn't allow ourselves to be afraid of the evil acts of someone else.

As for Ebola, try not to travel to West Africa and you should be alright.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Had an intention to travel then what's happened in the past few months wouldn't in any way make me change my mind. Everyone we get up and go to work we are already taking a risk. Anything can happen . . .

So maybe I wouldn't travel to W. Africa owing to the Ebola outbreak but catch a flight elsewhere? That I would do without the slightest hesitation.

5. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    The recent accidents and the Ebola outbreak didn't affect my will to travel in the slightest. I love to explore new countries and a few crashed airplanes are not going to change that! Even with the recent disasters, airplanes are the safest mean of transportation by far! Around 3000 people die every day as a result of car accidents! And most of us are not afraid to travel by car.

I'm not concerned about Ebola either. The deadly disease seems to be contained in West Africa. From what I've heard, it's not easy to get infected by the deadly virus in a western country where health standards are high. It's not safe to travel to West Africa at the moment, but there are so many places around the globe I've yet to explore that I don't care in the slightest! I mean, I care about the victims, I don't care about not being able to travel to the destination. :)