Have you considered getting paid by Bing for your searches?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by S.O. Price • Jun 12, 2012.

1. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Hi,

I just wanted to pass along a tip that I started doing in the past few weeks. I do A LOT of research on line which means I am using a search engine I don't know how many times a day. I used to use google but google seems to be getting a little too nosy and invasive for my tastes. I started using Bing and they will allow you to accumulate points for all your searches plus earn some other points for jumping through some of their other hoops that only take a few minutes.

After you accumulate points, you can turn them in for gift cards at Amazon.com and other items. Is it going to make you rich? No. But if you're like me, you figure there is at least a little benefit in someone paying you to do something you already do on a regular daily basis.

I suppose Bing probably tracks searches too, but at least they pay me for looking at my personal searches. That is more than what google does.

As an added bonus, Bing always has these amazing pictures that show up on their main page. They switch them out every day. They are a real pleasure to look at.

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I might take a look at this. I do a lot of searching, as I do a lot of research for my writing. As you say, you may as well get paid for searching. The only reservation I'd have about this is whether Bing has the reach and the clout to pull up the most appropriate search results for my needs. Do they pull up credible and authorative sources, or is it more a question of pulling up blog pages and that sort of stuff?

3. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    I've been very happy with the results that have come up with my Bing searches. Honestly, I have not noticed a difference at all in the quality of searches from that of google.com. As a side note, I have software that comes with my anti-virus program that positively or negatively rates all the sites that come up when I search on the bigger search engines. This is very helpful when I'm unsure if I should click on one of the results. If I use a more obscure search engine my software doesn't rate the sites. Both Bing and Google show results that are rated. I'm sure I've avoided a few viruses this way.

4. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    I also wanted to add that for the first few weeks I was able to earn 20 points for searches every day (2 searches counts as 1 point) and then for some reason, they bumped me down to a maximum of 8 points for a couple of weeks, but now I see that they've bumped me up to allow me a max. of 20 points a day again for searches. I'm sorry. I should have mentioned this in my original post. :eek:

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Well it sounds like a good deal, but after reading your posts I see there are some problems. I would like to get paid for searching, but if they don't pay me, then it's not worth the time. Have you been paid before, and if so is there a PayPal option? Are you only paid by gift cards or can you earn real money? Google should do something like this, but I'm sure people will find a way to cheat the system.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know you could get paid by searching on Bing so will definately check into this some more. It does sound like you can only earn gift cards. I would really prefer a PayPal option but this would be a really nice way to get Christmas gifts through Amazon. I am not sure I am understanding how the point system works or why it fluctuates up and down. This is certainly worth looking into, though. Thanks for the share!

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I have done a few Bing promotions for Microsoft points, but after the promotion was over, I just went back to Google. I guess I should consider putting in some time for doing Bing searches and rack up a few points. It was one thing when I wasn't on the computer as much during the day, but since I'm on it all the time now, you're correct, it would be silly for it to not benefit me.

Thanks for the reminder.

8. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Yup. For all the searching why not get rewarded for it? They do have some other things besides amazon cards. I just figured that was the most flexible option. They have hulu, redbox, xbox live and actually some other offers to donate your points to.

will show what a person can redeem their points for.

I've been doing it for about 6 weeks and I have over 400 points.

9. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    So, I went back to my account and had 300 points just sitting there! :eek: I'm back on the grind because they can pay for my video games at Amazon. Thanks again. I only think about Bing when they send me an e-mail begging me to use them. They won't have to beg anymore.

10. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I signed up and they have about 20 prizes to choose from, and most of them are Xbox related. I found a Tango card for $5 that can be redeemed for cash. I was going to go for that one. They also have a $5 Amazon gift card, that might come in handy as well. I've only been signed up for 2 days and I have 97 points, so I hope to reach the 300-600 points before the month is over. This program definitely has potential.

#10Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  11. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    Although I am addicted to Google, the call of making something extra is definitely getting my attention. I will have to check that out. Also, you can change your background with Google too.

12. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    How do you go about redeeming the Tango cards for cash? Is for the same amount or do you lose some cents on the exchange? What the heck is Tango?

13. beachdesign

beachdesignNew Member

Threads:
    Hey thanks for letting me know about this, it's great that a reliable search engine actually rewards you for your searches, I know of a few other programs that work like this, except they aren't as appealing to me.

14. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds to me like decent enough incentive, haha! I usually just go to google by default, but I think I'll start searching with bing and check it out based on these reviews.

15. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Tango is a universal gift card you can use it for a variety of stores. It's the only card I know of where you can turn the remainder of your balance into cash. It seems they send you a check, and it can take up to a month. They do charge you a 7% fee(.35), so I guess if you have a bunch of cards it's worth it.

16. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, thanks for letting me know about this! I have never really used Bing for search. I don't know if it's me, but Google's search results aren't as good as they used to be. I'm on the computer quite a bit and I do a lot of searches so I see this as a win-win situation.

17. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Aha! Thanks for responding. I'll have to think about that and go back to the website to see how many points you need for a Tango card in contrast to an Amazon card. I'm actually intrigued by having my own Bing challenge for how many Amazon cards I can accumulate. I'm thinking about having Bing pay for something big from Amazon for me. :D

18. kristyleann

kristyleannMember

Threads:
    I'll have to check into this. Sounds pretty cool. Sounds better than swagbucks anyway, cause there you only win points every so often...sounds like with bing you could get points for every search.

19. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    They reset the amount of points you can earn everyday. I've been signed up for 3 days, and I have 300 points so far. You can refer friends and get 5 points a referral. The max number of is 5 friends in one day. I think the program is good because every little bit adds up. I'll stock pile my points and wait until I want to buy something nice.

20. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Hey! So glad I posted this. Sounds like there are quite a few people who want to reap the rewards (pardon the pun) of Bing searches! I think their search results are just as good as google.com and I am picky about that. Every little bit helps.