Have you considered going electric?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by delusional • Mar 18, 2014.

1. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    Buying an electric powered car would be nice since it will help lessen the pollution if a lot of people would be using them instead of using petrol powered cars. But buying a hybrid of petrol/electric/solar car would be really awesome if ever one exists. I was just thinking, if a car only has electricity for power, you can just use it for a few miles then you would need to charge it for long hours. But if you are using a hybrid, solar power can prolong your driving, and you can use petrol once the electricity and solar power are used up.

2. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    When we consider a long deadline, a electric car is more advantageous than an oil car, because oil is much more expensive than electricity. Moreover, electricity does not attack environment and in my country, at least, 70% of energy matrix is from renewable energy source.

3. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I do get your point about electricity being safe and a lot more cheaper than oil, but I just made an assumption about how many miles would a fully charged car travel. I just had info about an electric vehicle that would be launched in my country next year. I saw in the ad that you can drive in it for 55 km and you have to charge it for 8 to 10 hours after that. That is why I said it would be much better if it is electic powered but also has solar or oil just for an emergency where you won't be able to stop and charge the car.

4. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    It's great to know that electric cars are out there in the shops already. In as much as it saves the cost of diesel and petrol for running a normal car, the pricing at the moment will put me off from doing anything with the car at the moment.