Have you done any DIY projects to spruce up your office?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Zyni • Dec 18, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you into Diy home improvement? Tell us about your home office projects. Have you re-finished some good pieces of used furniture? Have you built any furniture yourself? Maybe you just grabbed a desk or table from another room and decided to paint or stain it for the home office. Do you get good ideas from home improvement centers like Home Depot and Lowe's? I used to love all the decorating shows for inspiration. I'll be looking for a new desk after the holidays. New to me, anyway.

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    For the past couple of months I've been clearing out a space in my basement for a home office or workspace. The only purchase that I will be making is paint pans. I've been buying other things at flea markets and thrift stores. I will be moving a desk and other office equipment which are now set up in the breakfast nook of my kitchen. That's one of my DIY projects for 2015.

3. downsouth

downsouthMember

Threads:
    I am not a huge DIY guy because I am very meticulous and don't think I would ever complete anything to my satisfaction. However I did set up my own small surround sound in my living room using manuals and common sense 3 months ago. I had some questions about the electrical wiring which my cousin helped with. Other than that I mounted all the speakers and connected it to my LED TV (which I also set up myself on the wall). I used an electric drill because I have cement walls. That gave me a lot of confidence. My wife quickly picked up on it and shortly after all kinds of picture frames and shelving were around our walls . I had to tell her stop its too much !