Have you downloaded any apps that pay you?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by TPhoenix • Mar 7, 2014.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I use App Trailers, Checkout 51 but most often, I use Scantopia, which is available on Android and iOS. Scantopia is a money making app that allows you to scan barcodes from the products you buy and have in your home and make money doing so. You also have the Daily Super Scans that they do everyday where they assign a certain amount of product scans that can make you a certain amount of money if you scan them in time. On top of that, sweepstakes and coupons are also available. If any of you join, please use my referral code: QP-H5J-9V.

Are there any of you that have looked around and found other great apps to make some money with.

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This post is similar to this thread:

With that out of the way, yes I have been paid numerous times by a mobile app called Tapporo. All I do is download apps, games, and refer other people. It's one of the best mobile apps to make money using only your mobile phone. The minimum payout is $5 via PayPal. You might want to check it out.

Note: earning cash through mobile apps is not as fast as other online money making methods though.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well I did once, I don't remember the name of the App but for starters, it doesn't really work. I get a lot of credit and when I cased out it says something about a Paypal Error or something which is bullcrap. But I also tried some other apps that pay you, and to be honest, I'd rather waste my time on something that really pays off nicely. I mean, you earn like $1 for work equivalent to an 8 hour shift, its pointless.

4. Rusky

RuskyMember

Threads:
    There's a few out there that I have tried, but the only one I've really stuck with is Cashpirate. Same deal as most of them, download a few apps, watch a few videos, and they give you a bit of money for it. They offer a variety of payout options, but I always just stick with the $2.50 paypal payout, because I'd rather have it sitting in my paypal than on their servers, in case anything ever happens to it.

5. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    I use an app called FreeMyApps that allows you to gather points by downloading and opening (free) apps. You can just delete them afterwards, but you accumulate points that you can trade in for giftcards. It's not exactly making "money" because you can only get giftcards, but I definitely use those itunes and amazon giftcards!

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    There's an app called Peko Peko wherein you interact with other people nearby your physical location. You basically just give them a nudge or "Peko" in this case, and if they Peko you back, then you both can play a game and split the prize. Of course, it doesn't pay as highly as GPT programs, but this is at least way more fun to do. For anyone who is going to try this out, I'd recommend checking for available players in the recent activities section, since you only have limited pekos to spend and it's best that you get ones that are actually active at the moment.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have started using an app called Pact, it apparently pays you if you follow one of their "pacts" which are going to the gym a certain amount of times a week, follow a diet, and eating fruit and veg. You set how long the challenge is for (I went with the diet for 7 days) and if you miss a day then it takes $10 from your credit/debit card PayPal account, this is to give you an added incentive for sticking with the challenge.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think just downloading apps and games is fair enough and requires less effort too to earn. But I'm just wondering, how much do you earn per download?

9. brandon0818x

brandon0818xNew Member

Threads:
    In the past, I have used Feature Points, but the payout was very low. Now I use Entertainow for SwagBucks and PerkTV for Perk. With PerkTV, I am easily able to bring in about $20 a week, and many times more than that. I don't use SwagBucks all that much, so I wouldn't really be able to tell you much about the payout or withdrawal system.

10. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    I have tried some of those apps and generally I don't think they're worth the time or your energy. They pay is very low and I don't entirely trust those apps. Like some of them add various advertisements to my status bar and God knows what else.

11. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using AppTrailers but that's all. The thing about AppTrailers that I don't like is just how repetitive it cane get. The same trailers day after day. Its a little boring and I can only get a small amount, but it add up. I may check out this Scantopia you speak of, it sounds pretty easy and interesting. Thank you for sharing this information :)

12. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Can someone give a rough estimate on average how much is typically made via money making apps. Would be good to have an idea before I get into it because as mentioned above I doubt is worth your while.

13. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I've never found an app that made enough money for me with the amount of work I put into it. Most of these require doing a menial time consuming task and pay you a small fraction of money for the amount of time you put in. Perhaps it could be something you do every once in awhile and maybe cash out $5 a month or something. But I wouldn't rely on money making apps as a consistent way to make money every month.

14. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    The truth is that usually the money lies in their referral programs. Good referral programs are the main factor between the scenario you mention and a constant passive income opportunity.

I recommend you to focus in recruiting the next time you decide to try such a program. It might take you a good amount of active referrals to see the real benefit, but you can keep your motivation by thinking about it as a "work once, earn forever" endeavor. Believe me, referral programs can and do make a big difference.

15. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I just check Apple Store, and this app isn't there! Now, after looking at this thread's date, it was posted last year, so I am assuming it is dead now!

16. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I can't remember what the app was but I did download one. The problem was that it was taking ages to monetize and it didn't seem to give me a return very quickly. It's something I may consider again in the future but at the moment there are better ways to make a bit of money.

17. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some apps that give legit money in okay time. PerkTV is probably the best, I use CashPirate.

18. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    No i haven't. I have no clue which apps pays you and i also think it matters where you are in the world so not all of them money making apps are available for everyone. Which apps do it for you though?

19. gh0st233

gh0st233Member

Threads:
    I used CashPirate for some time. It's an app that gives you some money for downloading apps and referring friends. Minimum payout is 2.5$ via PayPal, but it takes some time to get there. Sometimes, there just isn't a large amount of apps available for download. Also, sometimes you don't get points for the apps you download. Here's why. For example, if Candy Crush is on offer to download, if you have already had it downloaded some time before, you will not get any points for it. You only get points for apps that have never been installed on your current phone system. If you do a factory reset, I'm sure you'll get points, but then your CashPirate progress will reset as well.

20. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    This thread is similar to another thread that a poster above mentioned, but somehow this thread is a lot different!
    The last one has moistly like swagbucks and perk, this one has some really unique stuff.
    I recommend you check out the subreddit beermoney too they have a few good ideas.