Have you ever accidentaly walked out of a store with something unpaid for?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by clauemi • Jul 6, 2012.

1. MrsDavidson22

MrsDavidson22New Member

Threads:
    Soo this just happened to me today....keep in mind ny husband has been out of town for 2 months straight. I am loosing my mind and my cool. I have a schedule full of appointments,sports and full time work. I took our new puppy to the vet for some shots and a quick check up, they mixed up my appointments told me I was a half hour early it is 6 pm so we have to wait until 630 to be seen. They finally took us back to the room had a rushed appointment and then finally let us leave. I leave and walk right out the door, nobody told me to go to the desk,nobody walked us up to the front. I spent a considerable amount of time in the parking lot and they never came out. As soon as I pull out they call me..I felt so embarrassed I had no idea I was supposed to pay I thought we would be billed!!

2. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have never had this experience. However, I sometimes do leave the shop without getting the change. This happens only when I am in a hurry. Once I left my phone on the counter and the lady called out to me to get it. Another time I left the phone on the counter and at night was looking for it at home. We searched for it quite some time. The next day, I went to the same shop to ask for it and the gentleman there said that he had kept it and even tried calling, but since the screen was locked was not able to do it. Both the times the shopkeepers were good people and hence I did not lose the phone.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It has never happened to me but It came close on a few occasions. I almost did, unwittingly of course, but was able to catch up before the act was completed. I wonder what would be the outcome if it had really happened.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No. This never happened to me (and if it happened, I wouldn't know how to act at the moment).

However, I've seen it happen with a friend of mine at the shopping mall sometime ago and definitely it's not a very nice situation to see (but everything was settled pretty fast).

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    No I have not, but I am pretty sure that I have come dangerously close to it. I wonder how many people do this and how often it does unnoticed. I bet it is more than we may think.